Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PWCC 10 Retraction Rule (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=241237)

ALR-bishop 06-21-2017 02:25 PM

You guys don't know. These could be the non malicious kind of retractions.

bobbyw8469 06-21-2017 03:28 PM

Over 500+ retractions.....I don't even know how to describe it......

frankbmd 06-21-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1672956)
If one has more retractions than bids, a surrogate bidder would be required that would allow you to retract his bid, protecting the surrogates ability to bid within the PWCC policy even if it is enforced.

I'm going to give this a little more thought, but my future may rest in a bid retraction enterprise which could be retained by eBay, PWCC and consignors everywhere.

I'll need a slogan though.:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1673187)
Holy bid retractions Batman, this is the second worst I have ever seen. http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2471758.m4792

Less than 24 hours and already my trusted employee is outed.:eek::rolleyes::D

iwantitiwinit 06-21-2017 03:49 PM

Maybe we all are interpreting the 10 bid retraction rule incorrectly. Maybe you have to have at least 10 retractions to qualify to bid on PWCC auctions?

JollyElm 06-21-2017 04:01 PM

Well, these days everything is 'fluid.' If you're a man, you can claim to be a woman. If you're white, you can claim to be black. If you're of European ancestry, you can claim to be Native American. Perhaps PWCC's bid retraction number is also fluid. If you have 500 retractions, they will simply claim it's only two.

calvindog 06-21-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Holy bid retractions Batman, this is the second worst I have ever seen. http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2471758.m4792

Without even clicking on the link I knew it had to be either Betsy or Probstein.

bnorth 06-22-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1673222)
Less than 24 hours and already my trusted employee is outed.:eek::rolleyes::D

Glad to see I did not cause you to fire your employee. He has had over 40 more retractions since my post yesterday.:)

frankbmd 06-22-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1673373)
Glad to see I did not cause you to fire your employee. He has had over 40 more retractions since my post yesterday.:)

He's/She's a good man/woman, but he/she even retracted his/her bonus check that I sent him/her.:confused:

Jeffrompa 06-22-2017 10:27 AM

Thats efficiency !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1673411)
He's/She's a good man/woman, but he/she even retracted his/her bonus check that I sent him/her.:confused:

But what could they really do with 99 cents .

Exhibitman 06-22-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 (Post 1672927)
Update and to be fair, I received a message back from PWCC today ..

"Thank you for reaching out. You are correct, this user ID is in violation of our bid retraction policy. We have placed a block on this user ID and have retracted their bid on this listing."

As of right now, they're on double secret probation.

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibit...deanwormer.jpg

Peter_Spaeth 06-22-2017 10:48 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-SP-Auth.../401344328815?
High bidder had 11, third bidder 10. Placed days before the auction ended.

irv 06-22-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

I looked at this earlier (couple hrs ago) and it was 800! :eek:

I just looked again and it's 802????:confused:

I think someone has some issues?!?! :rolleyes:

jfkheat 06-22-2017 03:27 PM

804 now

CMIZ5290 06-22-2017 03:45 PM

So why isn't there something that can be done towards PWCC? This has been an ongoing topic for the last 8 or 9 years so where does it end? Will Ebay do anything? Good luck with that...

Peter_Spaeth 06-22-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1673530)
So why isn't there something that can be done towards PWCC? This has been an ongoing topic for the last 8 or 9 years so where does it end? Will Ebay do anything? Good luck with that...

It ends the same way it has gone, very few people care as long as they have stuff, and they indisputably do.

jfkheat 06-22-2017 03:50 PM

The one with 800 retractions is not PWCC, it is/was a Probstein auction. Ebay doesn't care how many retractions a bidder makes so why would they do anything to PWCC. The 10 retraction rule is something PWCC said they would do. It has nothing to do with eBay.
James

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1673530)

JeremyW 06-22-2017 03:51 PM

Serious question, does Ebay have a way of tracking people? Could I have twenty different accounts?

TheNightmanCometh 06-22-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyW (Post 1673533)
Serious question, does Ebay have a way of tracking people? Could I have twenty different accounts?

Yes you could, easily.

CMIZ5290 06-22-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1673531)
It ends the same way it has gone, very few people care as long as they have stuff, and they indisputably do.

I agree Peter, so why do we keep beating the PWCC issues to death? Jeff L said a few years ago that this activity was illegal. So why doesn't anything get done about it? Forget Ebay, they don't give a shit...Is there any group of people that will simply say enough is enough and do something about it? If no, why keep talking about it with no resolve??

JeremyW 06-22-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh (Post 1673534)
Yes you could, easily.

That's a problem.

CMIZ5290 06-22-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1673535)
I agree Peter, so why do we keep beating the PWCC issues to death? Jeff L said a few years ago that this activity was illegal. So why doesn't anything get done about it? Forget Ebay, they don't give a shit...Is there any group of people that will simply say enough is enough and do something about it? If no, why keep talking about it with no resolve??

I'm sorry about my confusion, I think the potential illegal activity was pertaining shill bidding....Yet another repetitive topic....

jfkheat 06-22-2017 04:00 PM

Because there are people here that are obsessed with PWCC and finding fault with everything they do.
James

Quote:

I agree Peter, so why do we keep beating the PWCC issues to death?

Peter_Spaeth 06-22-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfkheat (Post 1673541)
Because there are people here that are obsessed with PWCC and finding fault with everything they do.
James

Yeah really, imagine that. Or maybe they put the target on their own back with the pious choir boy and girl posts which seem at odds with the actual facts, at least sometimes.

CMIZ5290 06-22-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfkheat (Post 1673541)
James

James- I agree. Having said that, why does Brent's auctions continue to bring end of the World prices? It's amazing to me....

calvindog 06-22-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1673544)
James- I agree. Having said that, why does Brent's auctions continue to bring end of the World prices? It's amazing to me....

In part because there is consistent fraud in Betsy's auctions. Which of course you know which is why you defend them so much -- and probably consign with them as well.

It's comical that the same bullshit we all heard about Mastro ('If they were really doing anything wrong they would get arrested") is what we hear now about PWCC. Do you think that law enforcement is at the ready to investigate every fraud that exists in every corner of the country right now? Or perhaps they have priorities as to what they investigate? And do you really think that the great majority of PWCC defenders aren't either on the payroll, conspire with them or reap the benefits of the fraud that occurs in their auctions? Comeon man, don't play dumb.

Aquarian Sports Cards 06-22-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

It's a little tougher legally then you might think. According to the UCC a bid isn't a contract until the hammer comes down (or any repeated, recognized way of calling an item sold) so until that time you have a legal right to retract your bid, even in a live auction. That being said the law doesn't make fraud, such as puffing or shilling, legal.

Peter_Spaeth 06-22-2017 05:51 PM

Scott you are wrong, here's the cliffnotes version.

"In an absolute auction, the seller has agreed to sell for the highest bid, regardless of the amount offered. The role of the auctioneer is to ratify the contract formed between the buyer and the seller. ... Bids above the reserve are binding, with the high bid ratified by the auctioneer when he declares the item sold."

jfkheat 06-22-2017 05:51 PM

I don't know if this was directed at me or Kevin but I have never consigned cards with any auction house or anyone that lists on eBay. I haven't bought anything from PWCC in over 4 months. I used to buy from them almost weekly. Yes, they have their issues but at least they are trying to do a little something. That is more than can be said for any other consignment company on eBay. eBay doesn't give a crap what bidders do.
James

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1673559)
In part because there is consistent fraud in Betsy's auctions. Which of course you know which is why you defend them so much -- and probably consign with them as well.

It's comical that the same bullshit we all heard about Mastro ('If they were really doing anything wrong they would get arrested") is what we hear now about PWCC. Do you think that law enforcement is at the ready to investigate every fraud that exists in every corner of the country right now? Or perhaps they have priorities as to what they investigate? And do you really think that the great majority of PWCC defenders aren't either on the payroll, conspire with them or reap the benefits of the fraud that occurs in their auctions? Comeon man, don't play dumb.

Peter_Spaeth 06-22-2017 05:54 PM

James I know significant ebay sellers who take lots of consignments who would not stand for any of the stuff that goes on in PWCC, they just don't talk about it in public forums.

CMIZ5290 06-22-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1673559)

You are wrong Lichtman..I have never consigned an item with them in my life, period...You are one of the ones that has constantly bashed this guy for multiple years, why don't you do something about it?

Aquarian Sports Cards 06-22-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1673567)
Scott you are wrong, here's the cliffnotes version.

"In an absolute auction, the seller has agreed to sell for the highest bid, regardless of the amount offered. The role of the auctioneer is to ratify the contract formed between the buyer and the seller. ... Bids above the reserve are binding, with the high bid ratified by the auctioneer when he declares the item sold."

I don't feel that disagrees with what I said. The high bid is only ratified when the item is declared sold. Until that time bids are retractable. I am on vacation, but I will pull my copy of the UCC and share the section I'm talking about when I get home.

Peter_Spaeth 06-22-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1673582)
I don't feel that disagrees with what I said. The high bid is only ratified when the item is declared sold. Until that time bids are retractable. I am on vacation, but I will pull my copy of the UCC and share the section I'm talking about when I get home.

It's binding once you place it. Otherwise how could an auction function? Think of a live auction, it would be a circus and rife with fraud.

Peter_Spaeth 06-22-2017 06:57 PM

Scott it's 2-328 of the UCC. I am trying to figure out how it works, I confess I was not aware of it previously. One thing that I am reading in commentary is that if someone does retract, then ALL bids are gone, that does not reinstate the next highest bidder. WTF. Edit to add that's right in the statute:

a bidder's retraction does not revive any previous bid

calvindog 06-22-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1673580)
You are wrong Lichtman..I have never consigned an item with them in my life, period...You are one of the ones that has constantly bashed this guy for multiple years, why don't you do something about it?

Uh I don't carry a badge in my wallet, that's the main reason.

And Mize, as everyone on the board knows, your only existence here is to make money or fleece someone. There can be no other reason a guy like you would have any interest in a crooked auction house like PWCC but for monetary reasons. You don't even post about anything other than selling cards yet somehow you have this burning desire to protect PWCC. Check it out: we're not as dumb as you are.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 06-22-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1673585)

And Mize, as everyone on the board knows, your only existence here is to make money or fleece someone. There can be no other reason a guy like you would have any interest in a crooked auction house like PWCC but for monetary reasons. You don't even post about anything other than selling cards yet somehow you have this burning desire to protect PWCC. Check it out: we're not as dumb as you are.

+1

CMIZ5290 06-22-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1673585)

If Brent is engaged in illegal activities, then why don't you do something Mr. Attorney....You go on and on about Brent, Mastro, etc....But yet, here we are.

calvindog 06-22-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1673590)
If Brent is engaged in illegal activities, then why don't you do something Mr. Attorney....You go on and on about Brent, Mastro, etc....But yet, here we are.

You can't possibly be this stupid, can you? Do you understand that I'm not a law enforcement officer or a prosecutor? I don't convene grand juries, you bottom feeding lowlife. And you might be the only person alive on this board who does not know my involvement in the Mastro case.

PhillipAbbott79 06-22-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1673591)
You can't possibly be this stupid, can you? Do you understand that I'm not a law enforcement officer or a prosecutor? I don't convene grand juries, you bottom feeding lowlife. And you might be the only person alive on this board who does not know my involvement in the Mastro case.

Right? That is the only thing you talk about.

CMIZ5290 06-22-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Wow, that struck a nerve, ouch!...Then quit bitching about all of the sellers that you think are corrupt like PWCC

calvindog 06-22-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1673596)
Wow, that struck a nerve, ouch!...Then quit bitching about all of the sellers that you think are corrupt....

Or what? You'll try to sell me an overpriced off-centered card?

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 06-22-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1673597)

https://sportscardalbum.com/c/76r26a90.jpg

CMIZ5290 06-22-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Maybe, I bought a PSA 7OC from you for a PSA 6 price.....I should have known better....

Peter_Spaeth 06-22-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

What would you suggest I do about it, other than point out what I see? Would you silence all protesters on the ground that they can't change things?

Aquarian Sports Cards 06-22-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1673584)
Scott it's 2-328 of the UCC. I am trying to figure out how it works, I confess I was not aware of it previously. One thing that I am reading in commentary is that if someone does retract, then ALL bids are gone, that does not reinstate the next highest bidder. WTF. Edit to add that's right in the statute:

a bidder's retraction does not revive any previous bid

Yup, that's the section. We covered it extensively. From an auctioneers perspective we decided you give all previous bidders the option of keeping their bids in force or you can choose to start the item over. There is also nothing to stop you from removing that bidder who retracted, or just "not seeing" his bids :)

Peter_Spaeth 06-22-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1673604)
Yup, that's the section. We covered it extensively. From an auctioneers perspective we decided you give all previous bidders the option of keeping their bids in force or you can choose to start the item over. There is also nothing to stop you from removing that bidder who retracted, or just "not seeing" his bids :)

Something tells me this law is old and does not anticipate a phenomenon such as an ebay auction. I wonder, too, if the seller/auction house can contract around it, but I am too lazy to research it right now. Most likely not. So according to the language, as the auctioneer is saying going once, going twice, I can shout out I retract and the whole auction is gone. Similarly, when someone retracts on ebay, that should wipe out the whole auction to that point if ebay were following the law. Merits further research.

Beastmode 06-22-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

OK, I don't agree with Linchpin, but this comeback is hilarious.

Johnny630 06-22-2017 07:44 PM

Stephen I love the photo you posted with the dude at the movies laughing with popcorn !! Had me rolling ��:D

CMIZ5290 06-22-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Speaking of bottom feeding lowlifes, who have you defended lately Jeff??

Peter_Spaeth 06-22-2017 07:48 PM

SCott

Interesting piece here.
https://mikebrandlyauctioneer.wordpr...the-ucc-2-328/

calvindog 06-22-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1673615)
Speaking of bottom feeding lowlifes, who have you defended lately Jeff??

Being this is America and not Iran, I defend people charged with crimes and enforce their constitutional rights. Only a bottom-feeding moron who spends his days trying to fleece people on this board would think that my representation of people charged with crimes suggests I support the crimes they're charged with. And considering what a well-known scumbag you are on the board, I'd think you'd have some empathy for people who are charged with crimes.