Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ok I have seen enough JOEY FARINO board member (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=146321)

Fred 01-18-2012 02:32 PM

Perhaps we all need to refresh ourselves with the fact that the part of the drill sergeant in Full Metal Jacket was based on our fearless moderator/leader (Leon):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peRA2...eature=related

I just love that piece. :p Ok, Leon's not quite that bad...

CW 01-18-2012 04:56 PM

I don't have the time to go back and find the specific threads, but joeyf/blackitalian and sam1952 were also suspected of being the same person on the CU forums. Similar posting styles, lack of capitalization, and same types of questions about cards. This isn't the first forum in which joeyf and sam1952 were accused of being one in the same.

Clutch-Hitter 01-18-2012 06:23 PM

Same person or not, there's obviously a problem here. Reasonable suspicion and probable cause should be saved for freedom removal, not wasted on civil internet forum identity investigations. Leon, thanks for using good faith to remedy this and for your continued protection of this board. After Joey's and/or Sam's removal, I wish them the best and recommend they substitute this hobby for golf or marbles.

Bilko G 01-18-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scmavl (Post 957487)

That being said, I appreciate the fairness Leon desires and how he isn't all about censoring and banning people for every little thing. :)

I TOTALLY agree this!!! I have been on a ton of different message boards in my time on a variety of different topics and i have to say that Leon's style of moderating is one of the best (if not the best) ive seen. Far too many moderators are too quick to ban someone, lock up threads, censor threads, edit threads etc. and i believe all the things i mentioned are not done by Leon unless absolutely neccessary!

Leon 01-18-2012 07:49 PM

thanks

Thanks for the kind words guys. I try my best. That being said, the push back I am getting from Sam, on proving who he is, is very, very disconcerting. I have exchanged several emails today with him and he really doesn't want to take 2 minutes to prove who he is. This is NOT the way a person who is not guilty usually acts, in my experiences. IT's kind of like saying someone did something wrong and their defense is "you can't prove it". When someone says that they are almost always guilty. I am not saying Sam isn't Sam....but he is acting either very immature or guilty. One or the other. I even told him I would do the same for him and prove who I am. We shall see......

And too, nothing against David, above, for expressing his disapproval of the way this is being handled. I have no problem with folks disagreeing with me. It's America.

vintagetoppsguy 01-18-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 957631)
And too, nothing against David, above, for expressing his disapproval of the way this is being handled. I have no problem with folks disagreeing with me. It's America.

Thanks, Leon! Even though we may not agree on the issue, I concur with the statements made about you and the great job you do of moderating the board. I know it requires a lot of you, and can probably be very frustrating sometimes. Thank you for these boards and keep up the good work!

alanu 01-18-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeCollector (Post 957494)
Why dont they want their feedback viewed if they cannot receive negative feedback anymore?

They probably don't want people to see what they are purchasing and for how much.

gnaz01 01-19-2012 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdschulze (Post 957555)
leon runs this board and he can manage it how he sees fit and solely on his opinion and discretion alone. Anyone who disagrees with his management style can always take a walk or just close their eyes!

+1000 :d

batsballsbases 01-19-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeCollector (Post 957494)
Why dont they want their feedback viewed if they cannot receive negative feedback anymore?

Jim,
Yes you cant get negative feedback but also even thou you cant give it a seller can still type a message I.E. Bad buyer took 2 months to pay! Many emails and excuses finally paid after filed a grievence with ebay. That sort of thing. People will still see that and decide for themselves.

batsballsbases 01-19-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdschulze (Post 957555)
Leon runs this board and he can manage it how he sees fit and solely on his opinion and discretion alone. Anyone who disagrees with his management style can always take a walk or just close their eyes!

Mike,
Didnt you know Leon has been on Double Secret Probation the last 6 months.:eek::eek: I have it on good athority that the other moderators are just waiting in the wings to take this baby (net54) public and make millions.;);) Dont worry Dan I wont tell anybody!:D:D;);)

sycks22 01-19-2012 11:00 AM

I also like how most people on here have eachothers backs. If one person gets screwed then it's out like wildfire. Now if only people would start collecting T206 cards then this site would be better.:eek:

Big Six 01-19-2012 11:47 AM

Not necessarily a vote of confidence, but...

1 Attachment(s)
I had a somewhat positive experience with everyone's favorite Joey. In early December, he posted in the B/S/T that he had a 1956 Topps Ted Williams PSA 6. I'm working on the set and most Ted cards I had seen were selling for more than what he was listing it for and the centering was really nice (unusual for this card in my experience).

The price, if I remember correctly was in the low $200's. I went out to eBay to do a "reality check" on the card and the price he was asking and, amazingly, the card was listed there, too, for $197 shipped. After a couple e-mail exchanges, I ended up purchasing the card via eBay since I felt better protected (and it was a few bucks cheaper, too!).

The card arrived in a few days and all is well...I don't understand his buying/selling behavior but I can say that he did deliver the card as advertised. Just wish he hadn't try to pass a premium cost to the Net54 community versus what he got on eBay...

Carry on...Matt

Leon 01-19-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Six (Post 957859)
I had a somewhat positive experience with everyone's favorite Joey. In early December, he posted in the B/S/T that he had a 1956 Topps Ted Williams PSA 6. I'm working on the set and most Ted cards I had seen were selling for more than what he was listing it for and the centering was really nice (unusual for this card in my experience).

The price, if I remember correctly was in the low $200's. I went out to eBay to do a "reality check" on the card and the price he was asking and, amazingly, the card was listed there, too, for $197 shipped. After a couple e-mail exchanges, I ended up purchasing the card via eBay since I felt better protected (and it was a few bucks cheaper, too!).

The card arrived in a few days and all is well...I don't understand his buying/selling behavior but I can say that he did deliver the card as advertised. Just wish he hadn't try to pass a premium cost to the Net54 community versus what he got on eBay...

Carry on...Matt

I am sure there have been a few positive transactions Joey/Sam etc.. have done. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while!! His track record still isn't looking too bright right now. Ask Dan M. what he thinks??

yankeeno7 01-19-2012 01:49 PM

I also had a positive transaction buying from him. BUT....what ever scam he is pulling on who he buys from, its necessary for him to complete sales to keep the gig going.

I had my transaction with him just before the big explosion with him on CU, thank God. I still say that its only a matter of time and there will be someone that will get screwed in a big way. I just know that I will never do another transaction with him because Im seeing the personality come through in his posts as well as learning of his habits.

chaddurbin 01-19-2012 01:54 PM

who wouldn't want to buy from a seller that buys high and sell low? beats the guy that keeps recycling auction-won stuff a week later at 20% premium.

as a buyer i've blocked him so i don't anticipate a problem there.

vintagetoppsguy 01-19-2012 02:03 PM

Joey admitted that he's funding his purchases with eBay's "Bill Me Later" option. That gives the buyer 6 months with no payments. I have 3 theories:

Theory 1: He is using a false identity to make these purchases and never intends to pay for them. It doesn't matter if he sells the cards for a loss because everything is pure profit.

Theory 2: He's using his own identity/credit to make these purchases and still doesn't intend to pay for them, screwing eBay and ruining his credit.

Theory 3: He really is out of work and uses the "Bill Me Later" option as a way to buy high dollar cards, flip them quickly for a small loss and uses the funds for his living expenses. He doesn't have to worry about making any payment for 6 months, thus buying him more time.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

Big Six 01-19-2012 02:14 PM

What a recipe for disaster...

Leon 01-19-2012 02:17 PM

Sam I am.....

Here is my last correspondence with the infamous Sam (I am)....ya'll can make your own minds up. Mine is made up. (he didn't use *s) :)

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Leon Luckey <leonl@flash.net> wrote:
Because of things I have read and seen I want you to prove who you are. It’s not personal. My bigger question now is why the pushback? I will prove who I am to you…Now you give me even more reason to suspect something is awry. It will take you 2-3 minutes to find something to prove who you are, or days to argue……or just don’t worry about the forum and go on to other places ……again, I assure you this isn’t personal. You will either prove who you are or you won’t be back on Net54baseball. Have a good evening.
LL

Thu 1/19/2012 2:57 PM
starcard1234@gmail.com "you know what leon f*** you and i saw you once on you tube you sound like a faggot that got beat up in hischool have a nice day and go f*** yourself"

freakhappy 01-19-2012 02:28 PM

Sam

Sounds like you two go way back ;)

So does this mean that Sam/Joey won't be able to claim his Net54 t-shirt that has been on hold?

Leon 01-19-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakhappy (Post 957933)
Sounds like you two go way back ;)

So does this mean that Sam/Joey won't be able to claim his Net54 t-shirt that has been on hold?

oh no, fair is fair....he can only claim in person (or is that "persons"?) though :eek:

barrysloate 01-19-2012 02:30 PM

Seems like an awfully nice fellow to me.

AndyG09 01-19-2012 02:32 PM

I don't think he (they) spent a lot of time studying grammar in hischool. :D

Best,

Andy

Ease 01-19-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 957935)
Seems like an awfully nice fellow to me.

+1, very cordial too, he wants Leon to "have a nice day."

tiger8mush 01-19-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 957929)
starcard1234@gmail.com "you know what leon f*** you and i saw you once on you tube you sound like a faggot that got beat up in hischool have a nice day and go f*** yourself"

He obviously didn't graduate from Barry's School of Grammar and Punctuation!

4815162342 01-19-2012 03:23 PM

Wow, you ask for simple proof and he goes nuts. I'm sorry you had to go through that Leon. It sounds like the guy's got himself a "Mini-Madoff" sports card scheme going.

dog*dirt 01-19-2012 03:28 PM

What is this youtube video he speaks of Leon?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 957929)
Here is my last correspondence with the infamous Sam (I am)....ya'll can make your own minds up. Mine is made up. (he didn't use *s) :)

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Leon Luckey <leonl@flash.net> wrote:
Because of things I have read and seen I want you to prove who you are. It’s not personal. My bigger question now is why the pushback? I will prove who I am to you…Now you give me even more reason to suspect something is awry. It will take you 2-3 minutes to find something to prove who you are, or days to argue……or just don’t worry about the forum and go on to other places ……again, I assure you this isn’t personal. You will either prove who you are or you won’t be back on Net54baseball. Have a good evening.
LL

Thu 1/19/2012 2:57 PM

Leon 01-19-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog*dirt (Post 957964)
What is this youtube video he speaks of Leon?

I have never been on Youtube so who knows? Maybe he thinks I have dual personalities too? Btw, since that first run-on sentence I posted of his, his next 2 emails were 2x-3x as long and had the same exact type language but had no punctuation. He really needs to watch those run-ons.......

ibuysportsephemera 01-19-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 957985)
I have never been on Youtube so who knows? Maybe he thinks I have dual personalities too? Btw, since that first run-on sentence I posted of his, his next 2 emails were 2x-3x as long and had the same exact type language but had no punctuation. He really needs to watch those run-ons.......

Maybe he is confusing you with the Brucii video from Youtube?

Jeff

barrysloate 01-19-2012 05:08 PM

Leon- you have been on youtube, as there are videos from the National. But you look totally heterosexual to me.;)

Big Six 01-19-2012 05:25 PM

If the Bruces were Brucii, would the Joeys be Joeii??? :confused:

And can we really trust Leon's estimates on the number of registered users on Net54? Seems it could be dramatically under-estimated...

kmac32 01-19-2012 05:32 PM

Wow, what an idiot. Maybe he should turn on spell check for his computer?

Tabe 01-19-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeeno7 (Post 957916)
I also had a positive transaction buying from him. BUT....what ever scam he is pulling on who he buys from, its necessary for him to complete sales to keep the gig going.

The accusation on the PSA boards is that he's blackmailing sellers into giving him a discount after the sale is completed by complaining about the cards and threatening negative feedback. So... say he buys a card for $900, gets a $200 refund for whatever, sells for $850, boom quick $150 profit.

Tabe

wonkaticket 01-19-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 958007)
Leon- you have been on youtube, as there are videos from the National. But you look totally heterosexual to me.;)

Leon I'm no expert but I think Barry just hit on you. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oecSupsf4hE

LOL on the Bob Lemke comment on the Youtube page...somebody must be mad at Bob or he also is on the prowl....grrrr...

Cheers,

John

bh3443 01-19-2012 06:25 PM

Thanks for the video!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonkaticket (Post 958029)

LOL on the Bob Lemke comment on the Youtube page...somebody must be mad at Bob or he also is on the prowl....grrrr...

Cheers,

John

Hi John!
Thanks for the youtube link. Nice to see our pal Leon on it.
Geeze...... poor Bob Lemke! I have seen those really bizarre sexual comments all over youtube about Bob & his family. After reading a particularly nast one, I asked "neerat" to remove the coment, but they are still up.

Back to the Leon video, who else was in it?
I wish I could see more of you Net 54 friends in pictures and video!

Thanks.......
Your Friend,
Bill Hedin

barrysloate 01-19-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonkaticket (Post 958029)

Cheers,

John

Ixnay John...I don't want the secret to leak out.

wonkaticket 01-19-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 958042)
Ixnay John...I don't want the secret to leak out.

Leon is my kind of man candy Barry I'll scratch your eyes out stay away from my man! :D

Cheers,

John

danmckee 01-19-2012 06:46 PM

I always knew you were a catcher John and not a pitcher.

Taxman 01-19-2012 07:40 PM

Joey

Leon,

For this years National tshirt could we get SAM I am put on them:)

Leon 01-19-2012 07:49 PM

woops

I guess I was on the youtube deal. I forgot. I am a rock star now!!

atx840 01-19-2012 10:18 PM

Maybe its the T206 Young ghost video when it was up for sale.

Video

Leon 01-19-2012 10:53 PM

that's cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by atx840 (Post 958126)
Maybe its the T206 Young ghost video when it was up for sale.

Video

thanks for sharing the video. I have never seen that.

http://luckeycards.com/pt206ghostmultioverprint2.jpg

John- sweet talk will get you no where :).

DJR 05-01-2012 10:40 PM

gnaz01 05-02-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJR (Post 989330)
http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=854942

Wow, it looks like he has graduated to large scale (possible) counterfeiting / fraud.

Unbelievable!!! :mad:

vintagetoppsguy 05-02-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJR (Post 989330)
http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=854942

Wow, it looks like he has graduated to large scale (possible) counterfeiting / fraud.

If by "he" you mean Sam, then it looks like you're right. If you mean Joey, then there was never any proof that Joey and Sam were one in the same. Joey is from Washington State. Sam is from California.

Leon 05-02-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 989376)
If by "he" you mean Sam, then it looks like you're right. If you mean Joey, then there was never any proof that Joey and Sam were one in the same. Joey is from Washington State. Sam is from California.

They both went ballistic, acted the same and wouldn't give required info for this board's purposes when asked. Whether they were the exact same guy, which I am still 50-50 on, is of no consequence to me. The way they both acted WAS quite immature and I don't think they would have been positive contributors to our board. There is a reason we have had approximately $25 of total fraud (knock on wood) on our BST pages in over 7 yrs. Be careful over there, know your trading partner, ask for references....and that area is one of the safest on the internet to do business and trades. Caveat emptor as always. take care

7nohitter 05-02-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycks22 (Post 957838)
I also like how most people on here have eachothers backs. If one person gets screwed then it's out like wildfire. Now if only people would start collecting T206 cards then this site would be better.:eek:

Could not have said it better myself...the few interactions I've had with members of this board have been phenominal! I know most of you don't 'know' me, but I completely understand what Pete is saying here...

npa589 05-03-2012 06:32 AM

I had a near transaction with Joey Farino (italianz) via e-mail, but after a few back and forth e-mails, I soon realized this guy was insane and that little alarm in my gut began to go off. I didn't know of any other malfeasance until I read this thread.

The good thing is that, empirically, it doesn't seem as though he is intelligent enough to prolong this type of activity. He'll get his at some point.

Regarding the reliability of other people on this board, I couldn't agree more. Whenever I have a good correspondence with someone on eBay, or elsewhere, I forward this site to them as a great resource and as a great medium for future transactions. I think if we all made a conscious effort to advertise this site to other users who we have positive and pleasant transactions with on eBay or elsewhere, it could have a great impact on the amount of transactions on the board.

Anthony S. 05-03-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 989376)

Joey is quite capable of disguising the state from which he's operating. As David's link showed, the fellow who bought a fake Jordan from Joey thought he was dealing with an elderly man in Colorado (even spoke with him on the phone), when in actuality the man was acting as a front for Joey, who was in California.

vintagetoppsguy 05-03-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony S. (Post 989712)
Joey is quite capable of disguising the state from which he's operating. As David's link showed, the fellow who bought a fake Jordan from Joey thought he was dealing with an elderly man in Colorado (even spoke with him on the phone), when in actuality the man was acting as a front for Joey, who was in California.

Joey lives in Federal Way, Washington and his eBay user id is italianz31. This I know to be a fact. Sam1952 lives in Claifornia and his eBay user id is jasonchicas. This I also know to be a fact. Are they friends or related in some way? Who knows. But there was never any proof that the two were one in the same (or linked together in any way for that matter).

Besides, Joey is not smart enough to digsuise anything. I busted his alt twice on the SGC boards. The first time took 57 minutes from his initial post:

http://www.sgccard.com/boards/ubbthr...page=1&fpart=1

The second time only took me only 27 minutes from his intital post:

http://www.sgccard.com/boards/ubbthr...page=1&fpart=1

Joey Farino is a lot of things, but I don't think he is a scammer. Anybody that has ever dealt with him on this board, the CU boards or the PSA boards was dealt with honestly and received exactly what they paid for. If anybody has any proof otherwise, please show me.

calvindog 05-03-2012 12:09 PM

This is good for the hobby. One more Michael Jordan rookie card available to all.