Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay Fraud Story (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=63637)

Archive 06-28-2003 09:51 AM

Ebay Fraud Story

Posted By: <b>CALLMEBB</b><p>Thank you for sending me your phone number's but it is Elliot who questioned the veracity of my post so any discussion about the matter would be best had with him.

Archive 06-28-2003 12:22 PM

Ebay Fraud Story

Posted By: <b>RBCraik</b><p>I would like to add a few comments to my earlier post. My knee-jerk reaction to choose not to contribute to this board any longer was the result of Elliot’s discourteous treatment of the post by Robert Dahl. I realize Elliot takes his responsibilities seriously, but in my opinion he stepped over the line, accusing me of “schilling”. I found it to be offensive and also abusive. All he had to do was send Mr. Dahl an email, readily available via EBay.<BR>Next, to all of those who weighed in positively (including Mr. Dahl), thank you for the kind words. I too have received a score of emails mostly asking what the heck is going on. To those of you who offered intercession, thank you as well. For those of you who felt otherwise, I have attempted to contact each of you to resolve/explain any issues, excepting Cy whose post contains some important inaccuracies and he knows it. <BR>Lastly, the reason for all of this, Mr. Spillman. There is no fraud. You unilaterally returned those cabinets without any communication, throwing them into a box with no protection resulting in significant damage to both. All of this because they did not meet your approval? The reason I charged you (about a hundred bucks) was for EBay fees, shipping and the damage to the cabinets. At that time, nearly a year ago, I was including verbiage in my auctions to the effect of no refunds. Which brings to mind another oddity about this entire debacle; why wait so long to whine, wheedle, cry and accuse me? Anyway, I removed the no refund verbiage long ago because anyone who was dissatisfied was provided a refund, including you.<BR>Regarding my “calling an associate” with which I have transacted hundreds of deals to speak up for me, read your own earlier post there Spanky, you did the same.<BR>You also remind us in every post how long you have been in the business blah blah blah. Who cares? It is irrelevant. In fact, we all can thank the internet that carneys like you are no longer needed; sitting smugly in your booths chewing on fat green cigars with a take it or leave it attitude! The internet has leveled the playing field allowing small collectors the same access! No more bricks and mortar needed, only mouse clicks. And in case you haven’t noticed, the resultant shakeout has left people like you Slow, Old and Obsolete. Now, a few very large dealers, auction houses and the internet are primary venues for our hobby. I digress.<BR>In conclusion, Mr. Spillman is accusing me of fraud. There is no fraud. The amount refunded was correct. Mr. Spillman would be well served to speak to his attorney about the legal definition of fraud. I have spoken to mine. Mr. Spillman should also ask his attorney about the legal definition of slander, libel and defamation. Again, I have spoken to mine. It is one thing to make unequivocal accusations privately, but quite another to repeatedly air them in a public arena causing damage to reputation and future loss of commerce and opportunity.<BR>In conclusion, I am done with this subject. It has taken enough of my time. I feel I have explained myself quite completely. If anyone still cares at this point, feel free to email me as I have said all along.<BR>

Archive 06-28-2003 03:29 PM

Ebay Fraud Story

Posted By: <b>Cy</b><p>Bob,<BR><BR>I was going to let this go but you stated I had inaccuracies. That is false. The ONLY reason you agreed to a refund on the M116 Johnson card was because it DID have a mark on it and I called you on your description that you stated it had a clean front.<BR><BR>The reason that I even posted was not necessarily what you did, but how you treated me. Someone above made a comment that you treat the regulars and the established dealers with courtesy. But you you do not give the same courtesy to the rest of us. I am beginning to believe that this is true.<BR><BR>Once again, the ONLY reason I sent back the card was because it had a pencil mark directly to the right of Johnson's head and that mark was not shown nor stated on the scan. When this all happened, I contacted Scott Forrest and Eric Angyal to express my concern. I showed them your scan and my scan of the card as it truly looked. Both of them told me I should press the issue and get a refund, that you were wrong.<BR><BR>On this issue, I do have two people that were contacted at the time and both will corroborate my account.<BR><BR>Cy

Archive 06-30-2003 08:28 PM

Ebay Fraud Story

Posted By: <b>Jerry Spillman</b><p>Trevor, Jay Behrens and warshawlaw: <BR>Sorry I was unable to address your comments earlier, I have been traveling.<BR>I would very much appreciate it if you would reread my original post. <BR>My recounts of the events of this case are unequivocal. I am sure it will <BR>answer all the questions that were asked and correct any misunderstanding <BR>that have been stated. If there are any details I did not cover please let me<BR>know and I'll be happy to supply an answer.<BR>Again, no damage was caused during delivery of these cards due to packaging.<BR>The damage was water spots stains on the front and shredded backs. This is <BR>not USPO delivery damage.<BR>Comments regarding the Ebay feedback system are exactly right.<BR><BR>Just noticed this seller has now abandon the phony Buyer's Remorse <BR>routine to steal my money in favor of "the cards were damaged during <BR>the return delivery by the USPO". No claim was ever made. This seller <BR>never mentioned the effects of this type of alleged damage he fantasizes. <BR>He has decided to switch the reason for the theft after all this time. <BR>The man is desperate.<BR>Even more difficult to believe that any person with $761 at stake would <BR>risk not getting any refund at all if the items were damaged through <BR>poor packaging. Again - the cards I sent were wrapped in amber paper, <BR>placed in a proper size with USPO Priority box, insured and mailed.<BR>This is the best shipping method I have found. Certainly an improvement <BR>over the way I received the cards.<BR>In this post he mentions something about green cigars and mouse clicks. He <BR>imagines the clichés he parrots are his words of wisdom. All irrelevant to the<BR>fact that he stole my money. This is another condescending comment from <BR>the seller from hell. What gall! <BR><BR>Perhaps he may consider a much-needed study of ethical behavior.<BR> <BR><BR>Cy: I hope you read my original post. I received cards from this seller <BR>that were, in affect, at least three grades lower than I paid for. The <BR>cards were out of my house within 20 minutes of delivery. What a <BR>rotten, corrupt way to make money. It's a shame he couldn't find <BR>something more suitable to pursue in his talent less, miserable, <BR>wrenched life. <BR><BR>When I first posted my experience on this and other message boards I <BR>had no idea that there were so many negative experiences with this <BR>seller. Some victims emailed me directly.<BR><BR>What you state here I mentioned earlier. That was that the high-profile <BR>hobby people are immune to this seller’s nefarious dealings. A negative <BR>word from any one of them would ring a lot louder. They may now become <BR>aware that what they have experienced personally may not be his true character.<BR><BR>The following is a cut and paste of an email that was sent to me from <BR>this seller. It was posted June 26, 2003 9:41 PM. <BR>It is a meaningless shotgun type blast that is more evidence of this seller's <BR>witless ranting.<BR><BR>Subject: You Jerk<BR>i will never, repeat NEVER, send you one red cent.<BR>you got what you deserved. you damaged very old cabinet cards<BR>by shipping them without protection. THAT is why i nicked you.<BR>you say i should go after the PO to collect? right ... you are <BR>seriously impaired and if i read your post correctly, you are <BR>responsible for<BR>educating the minds of young people in our society and<BR>my god that is a terrible, terrible thing. i just hope you are not a <BR>catholic priest.<BR>i will contact the bureaucracy you work for and inform them<BR>of your stalking, misrepresentation and lies.<BR>you are a liar sir.<BR>bob craik <BR><BR>This email has something to do with catholic priests, bureaucracy<BR>and stalking.<BR><BR>What do you think, Doctor?<BR>