Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lessons learned (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244927)

pokerplyr80 09-17-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7nohitter (Post 1701821)
This is a joke, it has to be. Anthony, my 9 year old offers more sincere apologies for transgressions as trivial as spilling milk.

This is Leon's board, so his rules.....but Anthony is not a respected (current) member.

An.dre.w Mil.l.er

I agree. Leon, I realize you can do whatever you want with your site, but I feel you owe us some kind of an explanation on this one. Knowingly defrauding another board member, then cutting off communication and refusing to refund seems like one of the worst offenses one could commit on this board. Not to mention this joke of an apology and the attitude that proves he isn't sorry at all.

If enfuego's actions don't warrant a permanent ban, what must one to to get banned?

Leon 09-17-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1701908)
I agree. Leon, I realize you can do whatever you want with your site, but I feel you owe us some kind of an explanation on this one. Knowingly defrauding another board member, then cutting off communication and refusing to refund seems like one of the worst offenses one could commit on this board. Not to mention this joke of an apology and the attitude that proves he isn't sorry at all.

If enfuego's actions don't warrant a permanent ban, what must one to to get banned?

I owe you this much. 0

He got a second chance as I don't know of other issues he has had. He isn't on the BST any longer and can only discuss cards here. If he has other issues then that is something different. Each situation on the board is different. The people who have been permanently banned had way, way more than one second chance.

vintagetoppsguy 09-17-2017 11:15 AM

I have no problem with second chances. If you disagree with me, that's fine. Opinions differ. But rather than b!tch and moan about it, just don't do business with him. Block him or whatever.

I've said this before (a few times, I think) and here it goes again. If this board did background checks and excluded the ones who have misdemeanor or felony convictions, this board would be pretty quite. I said this the other day too and here it goes again. I find it funny that the ones who complain about others wrong doings are often the ones with their own past of wrong doings.

pherbener 09-17-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1701924)
I have no problem with second chances. If you disagree with me, that's fine. Opinions differ. But rather than b!tch and moan about it, just don't do business with him. Block him or whatever.

I've said this before (a few times, I think) and here it goes again. If this board did background checks and excluded the ones who have misdemeanor or felony convictions, this board would be pretty quite. I said this the other day too and here it goes again. I find it funny that the ones who complain about others wrong doings are often the ones with their own past of wrong doings.

Absolutely agree! Ban the guy from the BST and I'm fine with it. If the guy annoys me any more than he has already I'll just block him. DONE!

pokerplyr80 09-17-2017 12:35 PM

I have no idea how many criminals are on this board or in our hobby. I'm sure there are more than a few. I take personal offense when I see a board member commit a crime against another. Especially when issuing an apology that doesn't even mention what he's sorry for, followed by comments that prove he just doesn't get it.

Leon I do appreciate the explanation despite the fact that you feel you owe us nothing. I couldn't disagree more with the opinion that this guy deserves a second chance.