PDA

View Full Version : T213 Coupon

Archive
04-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Todd</b><p>Is there a value multiplier on the different Type cards ?<br><br>I see that these are usually found in mid/lower condition.<br><br><br>

Archive
04-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Posted By: <b>peter ullman</b><p>T213 Coupon cards were issued in 3 series...Type I, II, and III. Type I's are the toughest...and should be the most expensive...followed by Type III's (those w/overprints probably more expensive than type I's)...followed by Type II's...which are the most common and can be found cheaper than comparable t206's...usually.<br><br>For a multiplier...I'd guess...assuming a vg common at $40:<br><br>Type II 1x<br>Type III 4x<br>type I 6-7X<br>type III OP 8X<br><br>just my opinion!

Archive
04-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Todd</b><p>thanks for your help.<br><br><br>I was going through my T213's last night. <br><br><br>I have one Type I, one Type III and about 10-15 Type II's

Archive
04-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Posted By: <b>James Feagin</b><p>Interestingly, type 3's are by far the easiest to find in high-grade. Type 2's are the most common, but also the most tough to find in mid-grade because of their glossy surfaces which didn't exactly mesh with the harsh Louisiana environment.

Archive
04-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeremy</b><p>While the Type 2's are the &quot;most common&quot; for Coupon's they are still pretty scarce as I see some examples pop up here and there... (There almost 200 examples in that checklist)<br><br>Type 1's are rare to say the least... I put them in that T211 Rarity camp and the Type 3's a little less rare imho...<br><br><br><br>~ Jeremy ~

Archive
04-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Posted By: <b>James Feagin</b><p>I found a common Type 1 (Engle) last year at a Reno, Nevada Antique Mall. I was thrilled to shell out $30 for a (VG-EX) example!

Archive
04-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeremy</b><p>James - That was the deal of the month for sure... I found a type 2 that is actually pretty scarce (Al Bridwell-Nashville) just a few months back for around $40 and I have paid much more for this card in similar condition a year ago. I bought from Larry Fritch after scouring their Online Catalog. They had several Type 2's and someone had just beat me to a handful of Type 1's. <br><br>~ Jeremy ~

Archive
04-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Posted By: <b>James Feagin</b><p>I bought $3K of T213-2 from Fritsch over a year ago. I returned each and every one. Wasn't excited about receiving a Cobb Red Portrait graded GD with a hole punched through it.<br><br>James

Archive
04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I always returned about 40%-60% of the cards I bought from Frisch (RIP)...because of exactly what James just said. A GD card usually was only a partial card...you didn't want to go below GD....actually, I got to where I wouldn't go below EX and then you were looking at a true gd-vg card....Still got some good deals from him....and he always gave returns with a pleasant thanks and sorry it didn't work out....