PDA

View Full Version : 1910-12 P2 Sweet Caporal Pins

Archive
03-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Posted By: <b>James Gallo</b><p>Has anyone seen any fakes of these? <br><br>Aside from toning and rust spots, the obvious things like centering, dents and scratches, as well as the paper insert on the back what does PSA look for in grading these?<br><br>Any other concerns I should be aware of?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>James G<br><br>Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.

Archive
03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>James- I once put together this set and never found a single fake or replica out there. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but I never ran across one then or lately. I thought PSA was all over the board on its grading of the pins and also the Domino Discs and was never able to figure out what made one a 7 and one a 4. I might disagree with their card grading but generally had a basic knowledge of what was what. Pins and discs- no clue.<br>tbob

Archive
03-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Red</b><p>Obviously they look at everything like that when it comes to evaluating the condition. When they see something wrong like a scratch, rust, or damage to the paper insert, then it's a bit of a guess on how it will be factored into the overall grade. It's easiest to grade and agree with condition on near perfect pins. Never seen or heard of a reprinted pin.