PDA

View Full Version : Is that you Carl?

Archive
03-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Posted By: <b>Evan</b><p>As a follow up to a previous posting re: fake autographs, after watching his/her other auctions, i can say with a reasonable amount of certainty that Carl Meyer might have resurfaced. Ebay seller lenasports sells both signed and unsigned items, the signed items are forgeries, and the unsigned items, for example Dexter Press postcards, are blatantly shilled. The same 2 or 3 bidders are bidding on most every item. When I had my problem with him he was in Md. and these auctions originate from the same area. I have tried reporting him to ebay, and get the same prepackaged response. Perhaps someone here can help to alert the authorities about this douchebag thief.

Archive
03-27-2009, 06:56 AM
Posted By: <b>Sean</b><p>Hi Evan,<br>I did alert the post master general. They said unless he rips me off for $25,000 or more there is nothing they can do. I had (and still have) him too. I have so much evidence that he ripped me off with a forgery its rediculous and they still wouldnt do a damn thing. I hope someone can figure out a way to whip this jackass.

Archive
03-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Ted Holden</b><p>Where is Paladin when you really need him?<br><br>Texas Ted<br>

Archive
03-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Evan</b><p>He got a friend of mine for around 25k. Unfortunately, he terrorized him with threats and got away with it. It amazes me what some people can get away with.

Archive
03-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Posted By: <b>Michael C</b><p>I can certainly see the appeal of autographs and having a collection of rare ones, but I would no more venture into the autograph world than I would jump out a building. It is WAY to easy to fake an autograph. <br><br>I have 1 autograph in my collection I value....a Mickey Mantle ball that my Dad got personally at a show in the 80s. I was standing there with him. <br><br>I also don't believe that autograph authenticators can tell a fake one from a real one.... especially ones from the era that is collected on this board. <br><br>Anyone who got taken for a 25K ride must have more money than they know what to do with.<br>

Archive
03-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Posted By: <b>David Atkatz</b><p>&quot;Anyone who got taken for a 25K ride must have more money than they know what to do with. &quot;<br><br>Or hasn't bothered to educate himself.

Archive
03-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>&quot;A fool and his money soon go separate ways.&quot;<br><br>ELO