PDA

View Full Version : non baseball - iPOD help needed

Archive
03-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Al</b><p>short and sweet...<br><br>My wife is a flight attendant with Delta. She found someone's iPOD on a flight to St. Louis a couple of days ago. I have not a remote clue how to search the thing and find the owner's email address or other info that might lead to my mailing this thing to him. The battery is now at 20%, I have no way to charge it and didn't want to waste it fumbling around.<br><br>If someone can give me &quot;crayon-like&quot; instructions on what to do to find the owner I'd appreciate it. <br><br>Thanks

Archive
03-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Posted By: <b>George HC</b><p><a href="http://lostipods.com" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://lostipods.com</a><br><br><a href="http://itrackmobile.com" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://itrackmobile.com</a>

Archive
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>Sometimes the person's name appears when the ipod is charged or connected to your computer. It might say &quot;Bob's Ipod&quot;. If that appears, you could look at the passenger manifest and see if there were any Bob's on the flight, and where he may have sat. I have a feeling that your wife probably found the iPod in the seat pocket though.<br><br>Otherwise, I'd say turn it into the lost and found for Delta and see if he/she claims it.<br><br>-Kyle<br><br>

Archive
03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>If it's regular Ipod there's probably no way to find a name. You do get to name your Ipod, but most people just go with a first name (e.g.- &quot;Jim's Ipod&quot;)<br><br>If it's an Iphone, there would be more info available. <br><br><br>Only other possibility is if the owner actually registered it the device with Apple. They do have a unique serial number.

Archive
03-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard Dwyer</b><p>If you scroll to settings/general, you can find the sn of the ipod there. With that info, you can contact Apple (800-275-2273) and tell them the story. They might be able to get it back to the registered owner.

Archive
03-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>Do what Richard says....<br><br>Turning it in to Delta means that it goes unclaimed, then ends up at Unclaimed Baggage in Scottsboro AL... to be sold for next to nothing.

Archive
03-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Al</b><p>quick follow up...<br><br>I found the guy's name and email address in the iPOD, email sent, no response yet. Also found one of his friends name, email and phone #. I called her cell and left a message. Also found a bunch of other &quot;friend's&quot; email addresses, so I figure it's just a matter of time.<br><br>The item was not &quot;turned in&quot;, for fear of it never, EVER getting to the rightful owner. Think Indiana Jones when the crate gets placed in the warehouse, never to be seen again.<br><br>Thanks for all responses, when I'm successful, I'll post a quick message.<br><br>

Archive
03-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Anthony S.</b><p>Did he have good taste in music?

Archive
03-26-2009, 05:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Marty Ogelvie</b><p><p>Al,</p><p>My wife is a flight attendent with Delta also. She only comes home with paperback books left on planes.. nothing worthwile but I do know Delta has a lost n found and like you said, once items are in lost n found, they stay lost and never found. I think they auction most of those items off after a few months..</p><p>marty</p>

Archive
03-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>As I had up there above, the lost stuff goes to Unclaimed Baggage.<br><br>Here's a link to the place<a href="http://www.unclaimedbaggage.com/" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.unclaimedbaggage.com/</a> <br><br><br>I've been 3 or 4 times. As you walk around and look at the stuff, at times you feel like a vulture picking over the bones of the unfortunate. But there is some really neat stuff. And some mundane items. If you're close it is worth the trip. And it isn't really on the way anywhere, but a bit out of the way. Nice folks down there...<br><br>I've bought a few books there. A jacket. Even some baseball cards!<br><br>FW

Archive
03-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Al</b><p>Marty,<br><br>My wife finds the paperbacks as well. The iPOD was found on the floor in the far back section (behind the galley) of an MD-88. I suspect the guy put it down, it slipped and fell behind him. The thing looks like a silver cigarette case and is very slick. He didn't have it registered, still no response to the email or voice mail to his &quot;contact&quot; person.<br><br>I could tell you some pretty scary stories about theft on planes, but not here. Your wife should keep a very, very close eye on cabin service. Not for a nanosecond should she leave any valuables unattended thinking cabin service workers won't take stuff. They will rob you blind if given the opportunity.<br><br>BTW, wife has been flying 21+ years and is ready to become a permanent gardner at home. We are rapidly closing in on having our house paid for and then no bills, the next buyout may see her as a taker...it ain't what it used to be.<br><br>Al<br><br><br>

Archive
03-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Posted By: <b>Marty Ogelvie</b><p><p>Al, </p><p>21 years is what my wife would call a senior momma. </p><p>My wife has been with Delta for 15 years but flying only 9. She is in the training Dept in Atlanta doing recurring most of the summer with a few trips scattered in between. Let me know when your wife has recurrent and I will tell my wife to look her up.</p><p><br>marty</p>

Archive
03-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Al</b><p>Wife just finished jet recurrency and yes, we live in Atlanta...actually about 25 miles south in Stockbridge.<br><br>She's really not so senior, although I do understand the &quot;handle&quot;. 1987 doesn't seem so long ago. Will give you a shout next recurrency event.<br><br>

Archive
03-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Marty Ogelvie</b><p><p>Al, we're on the Northeast side, Lilburn.</p>