PDA

View Full Version : do you think grading fee influences your grade?

Archive
03-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Posted By: <b>rand</b><p>i know the basic answer should be no, the card should get what it deserves. BUT the activity of resubmissions is quite common. if a submitter chooses the &quot;monthly special&quot; vs $20 service, would the card get the correct attention and thus grade? how many submitters have found their cards undergraded and resubmitted for better results the next time? if you paid the higher fee upfront would a resubmit be necessary? OR is this just part of the business and the graders just know its coming back anyway and another fee is collected?

Archive
03-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>I couldn't imagine that the grading fee paid is going to influence the grade. The most expensive fees are for immediate grading. These are typically the &quot;better&quot; cards that people would like to get back right away. I would think that the grading companies would want to make sure that they did the best job on the &quot;better&quot; cards because those are the cards that will get the most attention when they are being sold. I would guess that the grading companies don't want to screw up those grades.

Archive
03-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Threadkiller</b><p>Yeah it's all a conspiracy.

Archive
03-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Marty Ogelvie</b><p>I wouldn't expect a higher grade simply because of a higher fee.. that would be a bad business policy. That would be one small step away from selling grades, $100 for an 8, $50 for 7.. what's the point. Most educated collector's aren't buying the grade anyway, they are buying the card and even if the card SAYS 8 on the slab and its clearly over graded, you wont get 8 $$$ for the card. you will get what the card is truly worth.. <br><br>marty

Archive
03-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff D.</b><p>From all accounts of the grading process I've been told, the graders don't see who submitted the card. It's a blind process where the card is attached to a number that corresponds to the submission. So it would be impossible for the grader to know how much was paid for the service.

Archive
03-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Rob D.</b><p>On really large submissions, I've found that paying with gold bullion, as opposed to a personal check, usually results in much better grades.