PDA

View Full Version : Very sad news for our hobby- Randy Stuckemeyer RIP

Archive
03-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I am posting this for our friends at SGC who got this message today. I am very saddened to hear this and my prayers and thoughts are with his family. I only met Randy a few times but was fortunate to also speak with him a few times on the phone. A nicer gentleman I have never met.....<br>__________________________________________________ ___________________________<br><br>Hi Everyone,<br><br>I have some sad news to pass along. Longtime collector Randy Stuckemeyer passed away this morning after a long illness.<br><br>As many of you know, Randy had a tremendous passion for cards and his collection is truly world class. SGC is extremely proud to have had the priviledge to grade the vast majority of his collection.<br><br>SGC is indebted to Randy for his loyalty and support. No one has had a greater inpact or contributed to the success of SGC more than Randy Stuckemeyer.<br><br>I met Randy for the first time at the 1999 National in Atlanta. Since that time I have not met a finer person in this business. Over the years many of us at SGC have become close friends with Randy. He was part of the SGC family and we will miss him greatly.<br><br>I ask you to keep his family in your prayers.<br><br>Thank you,<br><br><br>Sean Skeffington<br>Vice President<br><br><br><br>

Archive
03-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Al C.risafulli</b><p>One of the great ones in the hobby.<br><br>RIP.<br><br>-Al

Archive
03-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve Murray</b><p>Very sad indeed! He was active in the hobby right up to the end. I can only hope for the same.<br><br>My condolences to his family.

Archive
03-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Trevor Hocking</b><p>WOW this is very sad to hear. Randy was a great person. My payers and thoughts are with his family. The hobby has lost another great!!<br><br>Trevor Hocking

Archive
03-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Although I never met Randy we did speak on the phone on several occasions. He was always friendly and a true gentleman. I did not know he was sick and this news comes as a shock.<br><br>My condolences to his entire family.

Archive
03-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Wesley</b><p>That is very sad news. Condolences to Randy's family.<br>

Archive
03-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Posted By: <b>rand</b><p>i never met randy in person, but i contributed to his 33 goudey set many times over the last 5 years. we had a great trading friendship. i fell out of my chair when i saw this post. my thoughts go out to his family. the psa registry guys have nothing on his sgc sets. if anyone wants to see some flat out amazing sets.. go to the registry and pick any category, then look at his other sets.<br><br>he was very down to earth and kind. i hope he can meet all the guys in heaven that are on some of that cardboard. <br><br>warmest regards rand

Archive
03-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Larry G</b><p>My sincerest condolences to the Stuckemeyer family. This was a man that really was a pleasure to transact with, and my conversations with Randy after the death of my father was very inspiring. We both shared views on life and how precious it really is, you just had to respect this man immensly. He experienced and accomplished so many great things yet I was amazed about how he could still be so humble. <br><br>Obviously a man of wisdom and honor, he will be missed in the hobby and to many of those that knew him. <br><br>Larry Gladstone

Archive
03-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>Randy was the epitome of class. The last 3 Nationals he spent a lot of time in my booth and he was a true gentleman.

Archive
03-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>I did not know Randy, but I offer my condolences to those who did and to his family. Very sad.

Archive
03-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>My sympathies as well to his friends and family.<br><br>Steve

Archive
03-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>this is,indeed, very sad news.<br>my deepest condolences and sympathy to family and friends.<br><br>barry

Archive
03-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred Y</b><p>In my early days of selling on EBay one of my first &amp; best customers was Randy and although I never got to meet him I marveled at the World Class collection he was putting together.<br><br>My sincere condolences to the Stuckemeyer family.

Archive
03-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Posted By: <b>rand</b><p>i didnt want this post to slip down to quickly. randy not only owned the most incredible complete 1914 cracker set ever, the joe jackson was graded an SGC 98/10 Gem Mint... flawless straight from the factory!

Archive
03-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>I met Randy several times. Pure class.<br><br>RIP.

Archive
03-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I never met Randy, but my sincere condolences to his friends &amp; family.

Archive
03-17-2009, 07:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Rich Klein</b><p>Anytime we lose a fellow hobbyist it is indeed a sad day not just for his family but for the collecting family as well.<br><br>Regards<br>Rich Klein

Archive
03-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Posted By: <b>Rob</b><p>I never knew Randy personally, however the first thing I noticed when I joined the SGC Regsitry were all his astonishing sets. I was truly amazed at how dedicated he was to the hobby. I wish I got to know him, this is a huge loss.<br><br>Rob

Archive
03-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Posted By: <b>Glyn Parson</b><p>I had the privelege of speaking with Randy on the phone a number of times while I worked at SGC and I can tell you he was a great guy. He was classy funny and a true gentlemen, the hobby has lost a great one. My condolences to his friends and family. And a special condolence to Derek Grady, I know you were really close with Randy and I am sure this is very difficult for you, stay strong my friend. And Randy I'll miss you God bless.

Archive
03-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Posted By: <b>CoreyRS.hanus</b><p>Really sorry to hear this news. I got to know Randy over the past several years and enjoyed talking cards with him. He was a gentleman and a straight shooter, and he will be missed. My condolences to his family.<br><br>

Archive
03-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Eric B</b><p>I never met him. All I knew was that wherever you go on the SGC Set Registry, there he was. Take a few seconds and check his collection out.<br><br><a href="http://www.sgccardregistry.com/usersets.aspx?user=85" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.sgccardregistry.com/usersets.aspx?user=85</a>

BleedinBlue
12-04-2009, 10:59 AM
what is happening with Randy Stuckemeyer's collection? I'm down to two 1941 Goudey cards to finish up my master set and he had one of them.

Peter_Spaeth
12-04-2009, 04:44 PM
what is happening with Randy Stuckemeyer's collection? I'm down to two 1941 Goudey cards to finish up my master set and he had one of them.

My second hand understanding is that his family is keeping his collection and indeed continuing to complete his sets.

richieb315
12-04-2009, 06:21 PM

I heard same his family is keeping them.

Bamacollection
12-04-2009, 07:40 PM

Bamacollection
12-04-2009, 07:41 PM