PDA

View Full Version : T206 Southern League

Archive
03-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Posted By: <b>dynarl</b><p>I am trying to put together this set and want to get the hardest cards to find first. Can anyone help me with a list. Here is the cards I have already.<br><br>Shaughnessy,Roanoke<br>Foster,Charleston<br>Coles,Augusta<br>Paige,Charleston<br>Jordan,Atlanta<br>Sid Smith,Atlanta<br>Molesworth,Birmingham<br>Hart,Montgomery<br>Rockenfeld,Montgomery<br>Ellam,Nashville<br>Fritz,New Orleans<br>Stark,San Antonio<br>Otey,Norfolk<br>McCauley,Portsmouth<br><br>This is the first time I have tried to put a set together. I collect mostly Memorabilia. Thanks! D.

Archive
03-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Posted By: <b>B O'Brien</b><p>Cost wise, the Shag has been the toughest for me, so I started there.<br>Some of the other folks here are farther along than I am, and will be able to tell you about scarcity in numbers.<br>Take care and good luck,<br>Bob

Archive
03-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Shaughnessy and Foster are considered a little tougher and you already have those. Overall, there is not that great a difference between the most common and hardest to get SLers. And there are none that are impossible. You should be able to finish it without too much trouble.

Archive
03-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Posted By: <b>CN</b><p>Why is the card of Shaughnessy considered probably the hardest of the Slers? I have read Scott Readers T206 study which breaks down every card as well as other material and it is not listed amongst the Rarer of the Sler,s. CN

Archive
03-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Don't know why it is, but some of the T206 collectors feel it's harder to find.

Archive
03-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Posted By: <b>dynarl</b><p>CN Where can I Find Scott Readers study? Thanks! D.

Archive
03-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Scot Reader</b><p><br>D.,<br><br>The thread at the below link should tell you everything you need to know about the relative scarcity of the 48 southern leaguers. The bottom line is that the 34 that can be found with the Brown Hindu back are tougher than the 14 that cannot. And while I would say that these 34 are of similar difficulty, some insist that Foster, Paige, Ellam and, yes, Shag are more difficult.<br><br>http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/message/1229117871/Why+the+scarcity+of+certain+T206+Southern+Leaguers +-<br><br>Scot

Archive
03-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Posted By: <b>dynarl</b><p>Thanks to everyone for your responses. Very interesting material. D.