PDA

View Full Version : Auction Bidding History

Archive
03-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Jerry Spillman</b><p><br><br>Most of the auction houses only show the number of bids on each lot during their auction but fail to include the time each bid was recorded. Disclosing an ongoing-bidding time history may initiate more participant confidence. Further, except for the auctions where the lots close individually, seeing the final bidding history will revealing the key bids that are made only minutes before the unscheduled early morning auction closing.<br><br>Congratulations to Brockelman and Luckey Auctions and the very few other auction companies that do employ that type of transparent bidding history feature in their auctions.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Archive
03-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Jerry - well said. I don't see what other houses have to lose by letting us know what times other bids are made.<br><br><p><br><br><br><a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/mwieder" rel="nofollow">My Trade/Sale Page</a></p>

Archive
03-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Red</b><p>It would be good if they can record the blood-alcohol level of the person at the time of the bid too.

Archive
03-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Now that was funny. Let it be known that Brockelman and Luckey Auctions cater to all types of collectors. We advocate NO drinking and driving BUT are thinking about offering free alcoholic beverages, to those of age, in our overtime bidding. Sort of like when you are gambling and the house gets you all tanked up. It's a win win situation!! regards

Archive
03-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>Leon,<br><br>I have a buddy that gets drunk a lot and he sometimes wakes up and finds out that he purchased tickets to sporting events across the country. Seriously... <br><br><br><br>