PDA

View Full Version : All things considered -

Archive
02-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Posted By: <b>joseph</b><p>If you had a chance to buy a T206 COBB red in PSA 5, GAI 7 or a raw card that was known to be legit, which would you buy? All of the cards look nearly same, but no more than 1/2 of a grade off. The PSA looks to be undergraded, the GAI might be overgraded and the raw card looks somewhere around NM.

Archive
02-28-2009, 04:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason Duncan</b><p>Depends, I would go raw if you are 100% sure and can get a better price. It really depends on centering and registration. Go with best centered.<br><br>Jason

Archive
03-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Depends on the price.<br><br>I would need to know that before I made my decision.<br><br><br>Then with that in mind I would then look at the card <br><br>themselves and see which one afforded me the best value.<br><br><br>Steve

Archive
03-01-2009, 07:08 AM
Posted By: <b>marshall barkman</b><p>I would buy the GAI 7. They are not that bad at grading cards so the worst the card would be is a PSA 6. You could re-sell the GAI 7 for alot more than the PSA 5 no matter what it looked like in the holder, once cracked out of the holder you may realize why it is a PSA 5.

Archive
03-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>There are still too many questions to answer the question. How much for each? If all were offered at the same price then I would probably take the raw around NM. I don't trust GAI as far as I can throw them (though this coming Monday I might feel differently). If the PSA one is a 5 and the raw card would be a 6 or better, then that is what I would do...A year or three ago I bought a raw T206 Cobby in a Verkman auction. It was sold as about ex...I sent it to SGC and it came back a 60. I did very well on that card when I sold it.

Archive
03-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Tony Andrea</b><p>If the seller of the raw card assures you of no alterations and it to grade numerically I would take the raw card since you state it looks NM. <br>Not a fan of Psa. In regards to the Gai card. Uhhh, noooo!!!<br><br>Tony A. <br>