PDA

View Full Version : SGC/PSA Population Reports

Archive
02-22-2009, 07:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Frank Jennings</b><p>Just wondering about how accurate population reports are? If resubmitting a card to either SCG or PSA for reconsideration and it gets bumped, will they remove the original grade from their population report? Also, if submitting cards that were graded by one company to the other, how does one go about notifying the other company so that it can be removed from their report so that their information stays accurate?

Archive
02-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>If they do the bumping they make the change.<br><br>If you crack out a card simply mail them the cert<br>and they supposedly make the adjustment.<br><br>Pop reports are not 100% accurate but are a decent tool.<br><br><br>Steve

Archive
02-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian T.</b><p>My understanding is that you can send the flips into the companies and they will remove them from the pop report. I know that SGC will send a PSA flip to them if it is specifically requested, but neither company does so automatically.<br><br>Due to so few people sending in old flips, the pop reports should be taken with a grain of salt since they only indicate relative population instead of an absolute count of how many currently exist in whomever's holder.

Archive
02-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Frank - they are not that accurate, because of some of the issues that you mention. It is legend that you can send back the flip from a crossed/busted slab and the company will remove it from the pop reports, but even if that were the case, most people don't send back the flips. The pop reports, are useful for gauging relative scarcity (i.e. if one se t has an average pop of 20 cards per player and another set has an average of 50 cards per player, then you know which is more scarce), but there is certainly a margin of error, not to mention all the cards that have never been submitted for grading.<br><br><p><br><br><br><a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/mwieder" rel="nofollow">My Trade/Sale Page</a></p>