PDA

View Full Version : Vintage cards in the Monterey, California area?

Archive
02-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam</b><p>Not sure if any Board members live in the Monterey peninsula area (is there anyone?) --- does anyone know of any vintage cards places around that neck of the woods?<br><br>Thanks for any help,<br>Adam

Archive
02-21-2009, 04:35 AM
Posted By: <b>David G</b><p>I have been gone from that area for 3 years now but at that time the closest vintage was in San Jose. You could occasionally find some interesting baseball items in the Antiques Mall just behind Cannery Row.

Archive
02-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>Adam, <br><br>Boy, you're getting awful close to Peter Chao territory here!

Archive
02-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Chris Counts</b><p>I never realized I lived in Peter Chao territory. From what I recall, he lives about a hundred miles north of here. I actually met him once ...

Archive
02-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Posted By: <b>todd</b><p>i live in the sacramento area. in my trips to monterey i have not found much vintage material. check out behind cannery row as mentioned in an earlier post.

Archive
02-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Bill</b><p>I was out there for almost a year at DLI but that was about 3 1/2-4 years ago. I don't recall vintage at all and only recall one sports card shop in the area. I don't recall what he had for vintage. <br><br>Change your socks, drink water, and drive on.

Archive
02-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Posted By: <b>James Feagin</b><p>If ever in San Jose, Steven's Creek Sportscards typically has a good selection of pre-war and post-war vintage.

Archive
02-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Posted By: <b>George Dreher</b><p>Bill, I wasn't aware that DLI still existed. I spent over a year there about 30 years ago.