PDA

View Full Version : Scratches on SGC/PSA cases

Archive
02-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Alan U</b><p>Does anyone have a good method for buffing out scratches on PSA/SGC holders?<br><br>To the &quot;graded&quot; card haters, &quot;Crack them out and put the card in a toploader&quot; is not what I'm looking for as an answer.<br><br>Any help would be appreciated.<br><br>-Alan

Archive
02-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Posted By: <b>D. C. Markel</b><p>I've always used Novus 2 Scratch Remover and it's great. I think I bought a plastic bottle of it for $5 on eBay about 8 years ago and still have plenty left.

Archive
02-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Posted By: <b>jay wolt</b><p>Dan is right about Novus, but that is for PSA's holders.<br>PSA has a thicker plastic and Novus works great.<br>I tried it on SGC and it smudged it a bit, so Novus may<br>not be the best thing to use for SGC

Archive
02-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Doug</b><p>This was something I was wondering about too. Does that stuff permanently remove the scratches or just fill them in temporarily?

Archive
02-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Perry</b><p>I have found this product to remove light scratches, old price label residue, marks etc....Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Professional #17 Clear Plastic Cleaner, and Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #10 Professional Clear Plastic Polish for shining up the holders after cleaning them up...I have used this product since the 90's and still have some of each left....I believe Meguiar are the same people that make the car polish

Archive
02-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>please do not alter the holders.<br><br>one day, encapsulated cards may be encapsulated and a grade given to the original holder.<br><br><br>

Archive
02-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Al</b><p>I use WD-40. Get two paper towels or two napkins. Spray the first and then vigorously rub the slab...wipe off immediately with the clean second sheet. Be careful with older slabs with the white print PSA on the back of the holder, it WILL take off the white.<br><br>