PDA

View Full Version : Is Ebay Buy It Now only ?

Archive
02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I keep checking ebay and more and more items are BIN and with way over book prices ( NRMT price with a Grade of 2). Let the market dictate and let old and new collectors have fun bidding. The fun is gradually leaving Ebay.<br><br>The card collecting hobby needs new blood and younger collectors to keep the hobby alive for the future. It's fun once in a while to get a $ 100 card for $ 50 and that is what brings collectors in. They see a chance to have fun and maybe get a great deal every now and then.<br><br>When you see overpriced cards - day after day and month after month it just reduces the number of collectors or being willing to get into the hobby.

Archive
02-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>No.<br><br><br>Steve

Archive
02-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>Supply and demand. When sellers see they can't reduce their inventory they will either have to sit on it or drop the prices. If enough people just sit on the side lines and stop purchasing I think you'll see a thaw in prices.<br><br>ebay is just offering a different avenue for sellers to hawk their goods. It's a revenue stream for them. They get listing fees if the card doesn't sell and they get a piece of the action if it does sell. I think if they figured that the BINs were hurting their auction bottom line they would figure a way to take more money for the BINs to make up for any losses.

Archive
02-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>All my lots start at $9.95, no reserve.

Archive
02-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Posted By: <b>JDRUM</b><p>&quot;Auctions Only&quot; tab, that's what I do. Each day I will review all the new listings including the BINs.<br>After the museum tour, I click the Auctions Only tab and take a look. Sellers can list any way they like, you don't have to buy anything that you think is overpriced.

Archive
02-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris Counts</b><p>Mike,<br><br>I agree with you ... eBay might as well change its name to Ebuyitnow.com. I really don't mind all the BINs, though, but what's with all the crazy prices? It seems as though many dealers are using eBay simply to display their collections. I've always thought a great search feature would allow buyers to filter out specific overpriced BIN dealers forever, thereby making every search far more efficient. I waste so much time clicking through the daily listings for a couple of guys who are clogging up the system ...

Archive
02-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Bottom of the Ninth</b><p>You can't buy it now as the prices are just completely out of line. I am now seeing seasoned collectors joining the ranks of the usual suspects, listing cards at 2x what they are truly worth. At the height of the market they would not have gotten these prices so what makes them think they will get them now? All it does is clutter up the listings. eBay should spin off the Buy It Now listings and leave eBay.com strictly for auctions formatted listings.

Archive
02-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Bobby I.</b><p>Bottom of the ninth I like that idea. The bin's make scrolling through the listings tedious and though I know I filter them out I still don't like them.