PDA

View Full Version : When is the best time to sell pre war cards on ebay?

Archive
02-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Joseph Angus</b><p>I figured this might be an interesting thread to get some opinions. I am looking to list some graded cards pretty soon of Goudey, Diamond Stars, and Tobacco issues. I have been wondering if there is really a more opportune time than others to list and if so when?<br><br>Thanks for the feedback.

Archive
02-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Posted By: <b>marshall barkman</b><p>List the cards Sunday night and run a seven day auction.

Archive
02-14-2009, 05:43 AM
Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>Would have been 2007. <br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Archive
02-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Phil</b><p>I don't agree with the Sunday night ending time. I know why sellers end on Sunday night (most people aren't working, are home, etc., etc.) but that is what everyone does. I have not sold on eBay in a long time, but have been buying tobacco cards a lot on eBay lately. I see that a lot of them end on Sunday night. There are usually more cards on eBay ending on that night. I like to buy any time, but when only a few cards are ending on a weeknight, I tend to pay more attention. Less competition on week nights could result in higher prices.<br><br>Just my two cents for what it's worth.

Archive
02-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I always end mine Wednesday, mostly out of habit, and it works fine. So many people snipe that it probably doesn't matter.

Archive
02-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I don't sell much on ebay anymore, but when and if I do, it is still Sunday evening. I go from Sunday to Sunday. As Barry said, with sniping, I am not sure it matters a whole lot. regards

Archive
02-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>I suggest you not sell on Fridays or Saturdays. Now that eBay has that 5 star game going on rating sellers, a buyer who wins and pays with Paypal on Friday could be annoyed that you didn't mail until Monday, he feels like he's waited a week for his package. So sell on a day where you can ship the next day.<br><br>I think Barry's middle of the week strategy is sound.

Archive
02-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>Why not avoid the fees and list on the BST first?<br><br>Joshua

Archive
02-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I've been doing what Joshua suggested...I list on BST, then whatever is left eventually goes to ebay. It's a good two-pronged attack.

Archive
02-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam</b><p>I do what Barry does as well (i.e. list on B/S/T, then move to eBay whatever does not go).<br><br>I tend to do a 10 day listing, starting it on a Thursday night so it ends the following Sunday night. I wish eBay prices were not all over the board . . . but if you want to get rid of something in 7 or 10 days and are fine with it going for whatever market price will bring (I do 95% of my eBay auctions with a $0.01 start price and no reserve), it's still a good way to go.<br><br>When I started collecting T206s, I only gave myself one rule --- I can never own more than one of the same card (and I follow this rule with very, very limited exception). As such, whenever I upgrade, the lower grade card has to go!