PDA

View Full Version : Michael Wrenn sold me resealed wax packs

Archive
02-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>BEWARE of Michael Wrenn. He sold me the following boxes which all were resealed. (1) 1984 Donruss, (2) 1986 Donruss,(4)1987 Donruss wax boxes that all have been resealed. I asked for a refund and returned the boxes the next day. He told me to return the boxes and he would refund my money. He refused the package. He is listed on this website as a bad trader <br><br><a href="http://www.concentric.net/~Pkoster/F-BAD.HTM" rel="nofollow"><span class="link">http://www.concentric.net/~Pkoster/F-BAD.HTM&gt;<br><br><br>When I bought the boxes Michael stated they were all unopened and he was the original purchaser. <br><br>He is a realtor. <br>edited out personal information (leon)</span></a>

Archive
02-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>I only know that he seemed new to the BST within the last 2 months, and that he lists and re-bumps several posts at a time.<br><br>Hopefully you can get resolution, but thank you for the warning

Archive
02-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Posted By: <b>kirk</b><p>If you will notice, once I called him on his FRAUDULENT sales tactics, he pulled all his auctions. I gave him until the package arrived to correct the matter. He hasnt so I am giving him some FREE advertising.He lives in Glen Oaks, New York.

Archive
02-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>There seemed to be a bunch of &quot;new guys&quot; who popped on the BST after ebay changed some of their rules. Many of these sellers seem to have no understanding of the written (and unwritten) rules and courtesies of the board. They'll list 7 or 8 items in 7 or 8 posts, thereby bumping everyone else down. They'll bump their own posts, quickly and without any price adjustment. But, most bothersome to me is that they they use the board to conduct business and rarely, if ever contribute anything to the board. <br><br>(I'm not saying that all of these fit here, just that they were noticed by me.) <br><br>Caveat emptor, I guess. <br><br>Edited to add - I just noticed, that as kirk stated, the seller mentioned here went through and deleted almost all of his many posts over the last few months. Sure does smell lousy.

Archive
02-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Well, for the record I had 10 or more emails with the seller before Kirk emailed me. The seller, Mike, told me he collected those as a kid....or regardless, when they were new and they are in fact unopened. This is a perfect case of &quot;he said she said&quot;. There is no way I could know, for sure, who was telling the truth....Not that there is anything I can do legally but it helps if someone is clearly wrong. I just can't say that was the case here, as I don't know. The BST pages have gotten way bigger lately and I even made a post 4-5 weeks ago about it. I get emails almost daily about references and when I know the folks am happy to give them. If I don't know them then I say that too, and that whomever is asking, should ask their trading partner for references. Caveat Emptor....I expect a bit of this to be ironed out when (not if) we go to a new hosting site....It will be a few months most likely....best regards

Archive
02-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Posted By: <b>kirk</b><p>Truth....Kirk sent Mike Wrenn 205 for unopened wax packs. When received the packs looked resealed. After opening 8 packs, I noticed cards in the middle of the packs had damage while the cards on the outside of the packs had no damage. Thus I made the observation that the packs had been compromised. Any seller worth his salt should refund without any questions. The item was returned the next day. Mike said to return the cards and he would refund the cost plus shipping. Now he denies the package. Many other people have contacted me concerning Mike stating he sold them TRIMMED cards. <br><br>Sincerely, <br><br>Kirk<br>mrmint23@hotmail.com

Archive
02-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Posted By: <b>marshall barkman</b><p>I was not going to say anything but i recently bought some cards from Mr. Wrennn and they were all trimmed. I was a little suspicious when he e-mailed me twice to make sure when the cards arrived that i tell him what i think of the condition. He stated he has the cards for since the 80's and that he has sold over 5000 dollars worth of cards with only 1 trim complaint. <br><br>BELIEVE me the cards were trimmed across the board and the trim job was not that well done. I mailed the cards back to him and he did refund my money but now he wants a conformation number because he states he is out of town. I think he has recieved the cards and is just acting coy.

Archive
02-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Sounds like a real mutt.<br><br>I can vouch for Kirk. <br><br>Steve

Archive
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>As a new user of this site I appreciate the heads up. I was looking at purchasing some of his posted cards but had a strange vibe. This confirms--<br>I Love the site, thanks to all who have been welcoming.

Archive
02-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Unless a person is well known I wouldn't<br>buy anything from any of these fly by nighters.<br><br>For every good deal you will be sorry 5x over.<br><br> <br><br>Steve<br><br><br>

Archive
02-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob Lamb</b><p>i want to say for the sake of fairness that I have made 2 purchases with Mr. Wrenn in the last month and both have turned out great. Nothing super expensive( $50 total) but I was satisfied with the condition and price none the less... Regards, Bob

Archive
02-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I made several purchases from Wrenn...<br><br>1 box of 1983 donruss racks w/sealed packs inside<br>2 boxes of 1989 UD <br><br>$115 dollars worth of star cards from 50's - 60's<br><br>misc fleer from 60's and a couple of auto's...<br><br>overall the transactions went smooth...<br><br>I did call him out on two trimmed cards and he rectified the problem within hours...<br><br>swartz1

Archive
02-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Posted By: <b>marshall barkman</b><p>I think Mike could be ok but he has to know these cards are trimmed. I hate having to say something about it but trimmed cards is something i depise. When i see a trimmed card i want to vomit instantly.

Archive
02-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>They went smooth because you did not ask for a refund.<br><br>I wonder how smooth it would have went had you asked?<br><br><br>This guy strung Kirk along, promised him a refund then after the <br><br>guy mailed the stuff back he renegged.<br><br><br>Steve

Archive
02-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Steve - You dont know what you are talking about...<br><br>because I did get a refund...<br><br>he made good on two trimmed cards...<br><br>Before you comment you should really have all the details...<br><br><br><br>

Archive
02-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Swartz I knew exactly what I was talking about! <br><br>Yes, I saw where you said he rectified the trimmed situation.<br><br>I was implying you did not ask for a refund for the boxes.<br><br>That is after all what this thread is about boxes?<br><br><br>Steve<br><br> <br><br>

Archive
02-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Sounds like this guy is a real winner. (Wrenn)<br><br><br><br>You (Swartz) may want to check your boxes.<br><br><br><br>How many trimmed cards is this guy moving here?<br><br><br><br>And how many of these boxes are unsearched?<br><br><br><br>Steve<br><br>edited for clarity

Archive
02-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Open mouth insert Steve...<br><br><br>way to back peddle...

Archive
02-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Posted By: <b>marshall barkman</b><p>Mike did refund my money and was very cordial about the business transaction. I have nothing bad to say about the guy but he does need to understand that the cards he is selling are trimmed. At least the ones i got were trimmed. In my situation all the cards were trimmed. The 57 Score and 62 Wilhelm were the most obvious but upon magnification you could see the rest were also.

Archive
02-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Whatever.<br><br>Steve

Archive
02-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Richie</b><p>Looks like he sold few more resealed packs or was attempting to.Trying to pick up empty boxes. Hmmmmmmmmm <a href="http://www.network54.com/Forum/580706/message/1228843567/WTB+82+Topps+Empty+Cello+Box%2C+83+Fleer+Empty+Cel lo+Box" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.network54.com/Forum/580706/message/1228843567/WTB+82+Topps+Empty+Cello+Box%2C+83+Fleer+Empty+Cel lo+Box</a>

Archive
02-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Anthony S.</b><p>Nice catch, Richie.<br><br>It would appear that shenanigans have indeed been perpetrated.<br><br>Also, after reading that link, could one of the Catholics on the board please explain to me what &quot;poped up&quot; means?

Archive
02-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Posted By: <b>marshall barkman</b><p>Poped up is a slang phrase that Sinead O Connor came up with (-:

Archive
02-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>that is to be expected when you buy cards that features ALL steroid users. 1984 ?hmmm.............

Archive
02-14-2009, 03:56 AM
Posted By: <b>Eric S.</b><p>Again, I am po'd at these guys screwing up a good thing on the b/s/t. I'm an honest collector and do fund my collection by selling sometimes. These guys like Mr. Wrenn scare people off and will ultimately change the dynamic of the b/s/t. What I like about it is the feeling that you are sitting in a cardshop somewhere making deals with other collectors after hours.....the good ole days.<br><br>Sidenote: As a relatively new guy I have recently discovered the &quot;bump&quot; rule. Can I please get the proper protocol for the practice? Is it never ok for the seller to bump, or can a seller bump on a monthly basis, etc.?<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>e

Archive
02-14-2009, 06:46 AM
Posted By: <b>TONY</b><p>I purchased a few inexpensive items from Mike recently<br>3 deals in total<br>one deal was for a lot of Hostess stars<br>all were trimmed <br>BUT<br>that was obvious in the scans he posted<br>he never stated the fact but again that was pretty obvious<br>to anyone familiar with the issue<br>Shipped very quickly<br>super communications<br>my 3 transactions were all positive<br><br>Hope this matter gets resolved quickly