PDA

View Full Version : Returning item to seller......

Archive
02-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p><br>I had an item I won off ebay that I had to file a paypal dispute on. I received a message this morning that looks like the seller agreed to take it back and then refund. (although the paypal claim still shows as I may or may not get a refund, but I have 10 days to get the item back to him). <br><br>I'm hoping for one I do in fact get the refund..I'll be pretty ticked if paypal sent me something saying to send it back to him in 10 days and then won't refund me. <br><br>How should I send it back? It was a $150+ item...basically it wasn't in the shape it was described to be in. Do I just insure it and do a delivery confirmation? Signature confirmation? Just not sure what he could pull if he wanted to on his end...

Archive
02-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Posted By: <b>jay wolt</b><p>I would insure for the full $150 value and have Delivery Conformation as well.<br>

Archive
02-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Posted By: <b>Laura</b><p>These situations are always a pain. The couple of times I've had to return, I never received a refund for the amount it took to send the item back, only the original purchase and shipping.<br><br>If I were you, I'd send it back insured, with DC and signature. You'll be out your return postage, but at that point the seller is required to refund your original money (actually, I'm pretty sure PayPal does it for them.) Keep the tracking number, and enter it on the PP website in the dispute console. Once they verify that it has been delivered you should get the refund in a couple of days.<br><br>It irks me that the buyer is out the money to refund defective items. I had a seller send something that was damaged, and then tried to &quot;false positive&quot; me in feedback about it after I got the final refund. I complained to eBay about it and they removed the comments, but I was still out the money to return, which I think isn't fair. If the item is &quot;significantly not as described&quot; then the seller should have to eat the return, IMNSHO. And I say that as a buyer and a seller.<br><br>The only time I had someone complain about an item being SNAD, I did an immediate refund and told them to just keep it. Mind you, it wasn't an expensive item ($10 card) but I thought it wasn't worth getting negged over.

Archive
02-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>I would do Signature Confirmation. Delivery Confirmation might not be enough.

Archive
02-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p><br>The other thing...assuming I get my money back, is it wrong at that point to leave negative feedback? He left me positive right away. I had originally contacted him and told him I recieved the item but it was not as described in the listing and the pictures also didn't show the true condition. He emailed me back fairly quickly saying &quot;it didn't leave here in that condition, was I sure it was so and so&quot;. He then said &quot;get back to me on this ASAP&quot;. I wrote him back probably 30 minutes later...and heard nothing for the next two days. So at that point I opened up a paypal dispute. Of course he responded to the dispute within 20 minutes..so it wasn't like he hasn't been around the computer. It just ticks me off he couldn't even respond to me and say either send it back or jump off a bridge or something. <br><br>Also ticks me off he didn't insure the package...just a delivery confirmation. He did state in his auction that there was a $2 fee for insurance because he's had bad experiences in the past...but he blame sure didn't insure what he sent me (not that it was damaged in shipping anyway). <br><br>I've never left a negative..but am pretty tempted on this one.

Archive
02-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>DC is good for returns valued at 250.00 or less.<br><br>Signature is required for transactions over 250.00<br><br>A seller can refund only the purchase price or any amount<br>for that matter as partial refunds are also allowed.<br><br>IMO if you send this item back with the proper confirmation<br>paypal will side with you. The seller usually sends payment.<br><br>I have had sellers refund only the purchase price, purchase price<br>and shipping, and once return shipping as well.<br><br>I've never filed a SNAD so I can't speak to that.<br><br>I have in the 3 or 4 cases I mentioned above to have agreed<br>to mutually cancel the deal so the seller could get back his fees.<br><br>Once I did that before I got the refund, I do not advise you to do that.<br><br>After you have the refund in hand then mutually agree. Also, if the seller<br>has no funds in his paypal account at the time of refund the refund will show as pending for 2 to 3 days. That is the time it takes for his bank to<br>send the dough.<br><br>Good luck.<br><br>Steve

Archive
02-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Posted By: <b>andy becker</b><p>signature conformation, insured. get your refund. do not leave a neg.....just not worth it imo.