PDA

View Full Version : Advice on selling needed

Archive
01-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>I have about 130 T206's, all raw, a bunch of HOFer's, and a couple of other &quot;misc&quot; cards that are also raw. I was thinking for a time to make a run at &quot;the beast&quot;, but I don't think I am (financially) up to the challenge. I am formulating a master wish list of cards that I would like to own. Nothing lofty like a t206 wagner, but certain cards that I have crossed paths with during my years of collecting.<br><br>My question is this, what is the best way to sell raw cards? Does it make sense to get them graded? IS it better to sell individuals or lots? I have bought at random for years, and have a decent collection, I just need the way to maximize the sale of the cards.<br><br>Thanks in advance.

Archive
01-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Since grading costs about $10/card I'd suggest that it might not be worthwhile to get any card with an estimated sale price under $40 or $50 graded.<br><br><br><p><br><br><br><a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/mwieder/ForTradeSale" rel="nofollow">My Trade/Sale Page</a></p>

Archive
01-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>thanks Matt<br><br>that's kinda what I thought, but I wasn't sure if getting a bad grade can affect the sale price on, for instance, the Mathewson (dark cap) t206 that I am selling. If I sell it raw, it looks good, would someone pay less if it was graded a 1, or 10, or whatever?

Archive
01-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Johnny</b><p>Selling small lots by team or condition always seems to do really good with the commons.

Archive
01-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I would also recommend selling in lots of 6-8 cards of similar grade and appearance. Grading the HOFers might not hurt if you think they will get a 30 or above.<br><br>I would first try the BST individually and what does sell then use the above advice.<br><br>Lee