PDA

View Full Version : T205 Ford White/Dark Cap

Archive
01-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Anyone have any thoughts on why the white cap Russell Ford is considered tougher (and hence more valuable) then the dark cap version? A quick scan of eBay shows 6 white caps and 0 dark caps available and the PSA pop reports show both of them with equal Pops.<br>Do we know, based on backs or some other information, which of the two was issued with the open mouth versions of the other T205s that have two front versions? <br><br><p><br><br><br><a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/mwieder/ForTradeSale" rel="nofollow">My Trade/Sale Page</a></p>

Archive
01-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>From my personal experience, which is rather extensive, with this set, the Ford dark cap is a common. The white cap variation is about as tough as a minor league card. The backs are misleading. The dark cap and white cap both feature about the same number of advertisers but I feel that the print runs were different with the Ford possibly being one of the cards that was substituted with the minor leaguers. <br><br>The pop reports have been off for a long time...At first PSA did not identify the difference in white or black cap and as a result, many were mislabled. Also, many people chase the white cap more and tend to get it graded more often. <br><br>The white cap is not a terribly tough card but is slightly tougher.<br><br>Joshua