PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Does anyone think either should be #1 Pick in NFL Draft?

Archive
01-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Hi, Does anyone think Mathew Stafford of Georgia or Sam Bradford of Oklahoma(if he declares)should be #1 Pick in NFL Draft? If so why?<br><br>Concerned Detroit Lions Fan.<br><br>Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
01-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p><br><br>I can't speak about Bradford. Being a Georgia Tech guy though I've seen my fair share of Matthew Stafford. He's done nothing IMO that warrants a #1 pick in the draft. He's never had that &quot;it&quot; game in college. He does have the prototypical size, arm strength, etc, etc that I would guess most think of with an NFL quarterback, but didn't Ryan Leaf have those same tools? Heck, didn't Joey Harrington?

Archive
01-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Yes Dave, Joey Harrington's name comes up often on the Sports talk shows when these names come up<br><br>Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
01-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p><br>Also for some reason it seems like there are very few quarterbacks that come out as underclassman that have success. Not sure why. But it seems that extra year in college really helps. <br><br><br>With the Lions however, I think quarterback is on down the line of what they need to be thinking about. That group has to be blown up completely. A good GM, then a good HC, start drafting some quality 0-line and D-line athletes and then worry about the quarterback and skill position guys. Detroit has one of the best WR's in the league..but it really doesn't matter the way things are now...and I don't think it would if you drafted a Matt Ryan either if he doesn't have time to throw the ball and the team can't run the ball consistantly.

Archive
01-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Anthony S.</b><p>I thought the Lions only drafted Wide Receivers in the 1st round...<br><br>2007 Calvin Johnson<br>2005 Mike Williams<br>2004 Roy Williams<br>2003 Charles Rogers

Archive
01-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Jason</b><p>GO BEARS!

Archive
01-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Posted By: <b>howard</b><p>If Tebow enters the draft trade down for a later 1st round pick and a bunch of other picks and pick him up.

Archive
01-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>As badly as the Vikings need a qb I can only pray Sam Bradford comes out and the Viking &quot;brain&quot; trust (a real oxymoron) has the sense to trade up and get him. Bradford is the real deal. I saw him play many times this year and he will be a stud in the NFL. Tebow gets the hype for being such a celebrated &quot;fiery competitor&quot; but Bradford takes a back seat to no one in intensity, desire and class. He has all the tools to be a heckuva qb on Sundays and I hope the Lions don't come to their senses and take him. Stafford will go to the Lions with their #1 pick....

Archive
01-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Posted By: <b>David Goff</b><p>I would think they would focus on Defense more than Offense. 32 ranked D...well they did have the 30th total offense. Although a few games were close...

Archive
01-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Posted By: <b>D. Bergin</b><p>As a UCONN fan I'd like to see the Lions give Dan Orlovsky a full year at starting QB to see what he could do.<br><br>I liked him in college and he had some decent statistical games this year even if he didn't win any of them. I'm not sure Tom Brady could have won a game with this team.<br><br>

Archive
01-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian McQueen</b><p><br>I'd like to think the Chiefs would draft either Bradford or Stafford with the #3 pick (whichever the Lions pass on). Everything I read seems to think that the Rams will go for an OT. So there's a very good chance that both would be gone by the end of round 3.

Archive
01-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Doug</b><p>Michael Crabtree said he's entering the draft today so I wouldn't be surprised if they take him. Not that I have a lot of room to poke fun since I'm in Cincinnati where the draft picks are either busts, criminals, or end up with career ending injuries. If it wasn't for the Bearcats we wouldn't have football...

Archive
01-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>If Michael Crabtree is the 1st pick, I would be surprised, he could be the 1st pick if Detroit trades the pick. It would floor me if Detroit picked another receiver.<br><br>Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
01-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Joann</b><p>Joe,<br><br>Both Stafford and Bradford are hiding under their beds right now with their eyes closed hoping beyond hope that the Lions will forget they exist.<br><br>Being drafted by the Lions is the kiss of death for any good young quarterback. Andre Ware, Chuck Long, Joey Harrington. Highly regarded in college, top flight draft picks, never to be heard from again after joining the Lions.<br><br>Like their long run of horrible head coaches, quarterbacks leave the Lions after years of failure and never really catch on anywhere else. Does that mean that the Lions are the most awful judge of coaching and quarterbacking talent ever, or that the somehow manage to completely wreck truly promising people?<br><br>J