PDA

View Full Version : PSA Pose Descriptions on Old Judge Slabs

Archive
01-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p><a href="http://www.goodwinandco.com/LotDetail2.aspx?lotid=9660" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.goodwinandco.com/LotDetail2.aspx?lotid=9660</a><br><br>I have tried my best not to bash PSA, but why do they put pose descriptions on their slabs when they have no idea what the pose is. In the case of this Goodwin &amp; Co lot from the current auction (Hi Bill) PSA describes the pose as Arm Extended. Obviously, Smiling Mickey's arm is not extended; this pose is Pitch, Hands Above Waist. Looks like they could use a good reference book (shameless plug).

Archive
01-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>His arms got cut off....they are extended....

Archive
01-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>Maybe the &quot;Ext&quot; means exterior, as in his arms are outside his torso rather than up his butt (like the grader's head).

Archive
01-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>They don't know the poses and are trying to guess them...they don't seem to know English either.

Archive
01-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>I don't even think the book would help them, you have to read and understand it. I have no resolution about not bashing those idiots. And do they still have on back of their submission forms where they will pay your legal fees if you win against them in court?? Hypocrits!

Archive
01-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>Perhaps the submitter of the OJ put the description on the submission form. It would have been nice if PSA and SGC used the catalog pose numbers. It's a bit too late to change things now. There have been quite a few OJs encapsulated with just the player's name (and the year 1887) on the flip. <br><br>

Archive
01-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p> There's a book coming out?!<br><br> Maybe with help from this book you speak of they will stop listing more than one team on the label,and get a better % of the players right. Who knows,there might be players who they got wrong in the past,because no one knew who that player was up until that book got written....of course thats all speculation

Archive
01-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>John buy the book, the authors are the bomb!

Archive
01-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p> I'm hoping they just send me a free one out of the kindness of their William Hart(old judge pun!)

Archive
01-08-2009, 05:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>Found out the books were mailed yesterday, so those who ordered already should have them early next week.