PDA

View Full Version : OK, fill me in, What Auction House(s) is Bruce referring to?

Archive
12-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Posted By: <b>rand</b><p>Who's in trouble?

Archive
12-31-2008, 08:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>He's referring to no one in particular. He's made a lame attempt at trying to scare people in to selling him cards at &quot;Bottom line&quot; prices. See his &quot;Cash is King&quot; thread on the B/S/T.

Archive
12-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Posted By: <b>steve</b><p>Didn't seem like Bruce ws talking about a specific auction house, just a &quot;what if&quot; across the board.<br><br>And I did send him my sell list of 5 cards of Matty, Cobb and Wagner, all in nice condition, 2 of which are &quot;one-of-less than 5 (according to pop reports), along with a green Cobb. Total value for the 5 over $15.k<br><br>Bruce declined saying, &quot;he doesn't need them.&quot; hmm ??? He doesn't want Matty, Cobb and Wagner ? I guess everybody has Wagner and Cobb Colgan's in PSA 8, yes ? <br><br>steve

Archive
12-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Posted By: <b>David Atkatz</b><p>Offer them to him at a &quot;panic price&quot; of, say, $7k, and see if his needs change, Steve.

Archive
12-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Dorskind</b><p><br>Dear Steve<br><br>We appreciated your offer, and indicated so in our response.<br><br>We only collect type cards. We have high grade Colgan examples<br>and several T 206's in 8. Therefore we had no interest in the cards<br>you offered. We would have turned down the offer if the asking prices<br>was $200.00 for the group.<br><br>We don't buy for resale, and when we sell something it is because we<br>have upgraded a type card.<br><br>Thanks and best wishes for the New Year!<br><br>Bruce Dorskind<br>America's Toughest Want List<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>America's Toughest Want List

Archive
12-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve Murray</b><p>&quot;We would have turned down the offer if the asking prices <br>was $200.00 for the group.&quot;<br><br>Was that really necessary?

Archive
12-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>or true?

Archive
12-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Posted By: <b>rand</b><p>I thought I heard a rumor about some house getting investigated, maybe Bruce has inside knowledge.

Archive
12-31-2008, 11:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Mastro is under federal investigation for shill bidding.

Archive
12-31-2008, 11:09 AM
Posted By: <b>peter ullman</b><p>jees guys...all Bruce was saying was that he doesn't &quot;need&quot; them for his type collection...is that so wrong? He's a condition oriented type collector...not a hof'er collector.

Archive
12-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Posted By: <b>josh</b><p>Unreal, some of the posts Bruce puts out there for people to see. I have no clue who the guy is and could care less. It makes him look like a real piece of work though.

Archive
12-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Posted By: <b>rand</b><p>doesn't ML take the honors for that?

Archive
12-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>I think Mastro only came under suspicion because of an Ohio politician or government employee who was doing some dirty work. Haven't really followed the story all that closely.

Archive
12-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Posted By: <b>steve</b><p>Bruce,<br><br>Its all good. Just gettin a feel for what floats your boat - curiosity got the best of me. And then everyone's reaction comments also interesting. We sometimes need a little spice in this forum, and I played along.<br><br>steve

Archive
12-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>&quot;We would have turned down the offer if the asking prices was $200.00 for the group&quot;<br><br><br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Archive
12-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Rob D.</b><p><em>on this one</em>?<br><br>Call B.S. on 90 percent of the group's posts, and you'll be pretty safe.

Archive
01-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>ditto Adam<br><br>

Archive
01-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Posted By: <b>joe brennan</b><p>Unreal, some of the posts Bruce puts out there for people to see. I have no clue who the guy is and could care less. It makes him look like a real piece of work though.<br><br> Bruce just comes across wrong in writing. I know people that have met Bruce and tell me his quite different in person. I for one would like to sit down with Bruce someday, iron out the small differences we have had over the years and ingage in some card and investment conversation. I'm sure it would be quite interesting and with his knowledge on both subjects, informative.<br><br>In Rememberance of James W. Brennan Sr. 1924-1982. Dad, thanks for everything you did for me.

Archive
01-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Tony Galovich</b><p>Dan, I think the person you are referring was a<br>former Ohio coin dealer<br>Tom Noe<br>He is in prison on one charge for a few yrs for illegal political contributions<br>then He will be transferred to a second prison to serve around 15 more yrs<br>That was for accepting funds from the state of Ohio<br>Approx $40 million or so<br> which was to be used to acquire numismatic coins<br>He did purchase coins<br>But deviated somewhat as he also purchased<br>Sport cards &amp; Memorabilia<br>Stock in NGC, the people who run SGC<br>Cases of Vintage Wine<br>Multiple Memberships in Local Golf Clubs<br>&amp; misc other &quot;investments&quot;<br>He is appealing his sentences for misappropriation of funds etc