PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Ending Times?

Archive
12-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Posted By: <b>D. Bergin</b><p>Ok, maybe I'm going nuts but I swear I've been viewing all auctions in Ebay with Eastern Standard Time endings this whole time.<br><br>Now it seems they are shown in Pacific time and I can't seem to find the way to change the default setting back to Eastern time anywhere on Ebay. I thought I was going nuts because I noticed my auctions were ending 3 hours earlier then I set them to end until I realized they were set for Pacific time.<br><br>Anybody else notice this?<br><br>

Archive
12-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>they have always been on pacific time.

Archive
12-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>PST

Archive
12-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Rob D.</b><p>Yep, eBay time has been pacific time since Day One.

Archive
12-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Posted By: <b>D. Bergin</b><p>Ahhh, maybe I'm just going nuts. I could have sworn I was set for EST this whole time. Maybe all the snow is going to my head.<br><br>

Archive
12-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Is there any way to set your preferences so that the times display in your local time zone?

Archive
12-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Posted By: <b>Ray V</b><p>Mine are all set to EST.

Archive
12-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert Klevens</b><p>I look at all the settings in my Ebay account preferences and can't find how to set it to EST. Where is the place to change it?

Archive
12-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p><br>If you check the official ebay time link it indicates that the ebay time is PST (San Jose). It doesn't indicate how this setting can be changed. I couldn't find it in myebay either.<br><br><br><a href="http://viv.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EbayTime&amp;_trksid=m40" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://viv.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EbayTime&amp;_trksid=m40</a>

Archive
12-22-2008, 05:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Ray V</b><p>I'm located in Canada and I use ebay.ca ... I think I am linked to EST because ebay's Canadian headquarters are in Toronto. Just my theory.

Archive
12-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan P.</b><p>I just looked at ebay.ca and they still show accepting checks and money orders as allowable methods of payment. Will this be phased out soon like with ebay.com here in the US?