PDA

View Full Version : OT: Esnipe

Archive
12-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Randall</b><p>I just won an item via Esnipe for the minimum bid, however I received an email from Ebay stating that &quot;You're currently the high bidder&quot; and also showing my max Esnipe bid. This is the first time that I have received such an email from Ebay showing my max bid from Esnipe. Not sure what this actually means but I thought it was a bit out of the ordinary.

Archive
12-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Sounds like the email came late, it has happened to me many times.<br><br><br>I was outbid once, the auction ended and then 2 hrs later the outbid notice<br>came.<br><br><br>Steve

Archive
12-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Randall</b><p>Actually I won the item with the minimum bid, I just thought it was a bit odd that I received an email confirmation from Ebay which included my Esnipe max bid. I got three emails with the same time stamp:<br><br>Ebay - Min bid confirmation and max bid<br>Ebay - Confirmation that I won the item <br>Esnipe - Confirmation that I won the item

Archive
12-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I guess I don't understand your question. <br><br><br>The snipe service always enters your maximum bid, so ebay is always aware of that number. <br><br><br>I always get an email confirming my bid with ebay. Often, when you snipe at the end of an auction, this email is time stamped AFTER the email confriming you are the winner.

Archive
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Randall</b><p>It's probably something I just never noticed before, no big deal.