PDA

View Full Version : Great auction site to find steals (Not Ebay)

Archive
12-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave Wagner</b><p>If you havent heard of sportlots.com, check it out. They deal in only sportcards and they are auction type site. All there auctions start at .25 starting bid.

Archive
12-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>it seems you can't browse anything older then 1948.<br><br>How would I do a search for T206? I don't see a search bar.

Archive
12-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>It looks like all new shiny cr** to me....maybe I missed the pre-war?

Archive
12-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Ken McMillan</b><p>think this site might be good for post war not prewar.<br><br>Kmac

Archive
12-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I agree...that and I don't care for spammers such as this original poster when they aren't smart enough to see what this forum is about. They just come on and spam their little heads off....never reading the rules or anything else. Had this been spammed in the post war category I wouldn't quite have the issue with it.... Oh well....

Archive
12-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>that has to be one of the least user friendly web designs I have seen in a while.<br><br><br>wow! terrible.<br>sites like that reinforce why sellers and buyers go to eBay.

Archive
12-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Everyone complains about there not being a viable (non-auction house) alternative to Ebay. If there does become a day when there is, I would expect they would need lots of advertising, including spam.<br><br>I'm not saying this was spammed in the right place. It was a waste. But think about what a new site would need to do to be viable

Archive
12-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>a viable alternative to eBay would be great.<br><br>but this site is horrible.<br><br>maybe before spamming they should try some website programming that would make the site at least tolerable to visit and use?<br>

Archive
12-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I am very empathetic to new business and new business models. Really this should have gone precisely in the auction section on the BST....But he went one worse and also spammed it in the wrong category altogether. Sorry, I don't give much sympathy to that sloppiness.....but we all make mistakes and there are far worse things in the world......<br>And it's nothing personal. This person is at least doing &quot;something&quot;, which is more than many do!! It's just in the wrong place....kindest regards

Archive
12-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I agree wholeheartedly. I didn't even look at the site. I guess i'm just waiting for a good alternative. I heard the stamp folks made the break.

Archive
12-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul D</b><p>Actually it isn't a new site. I looked at archive's wayback machine and this site has been there since late 2000 and has basically looked the same since late 2003.<br>Paul D.