PDA

View Full Version : White Plains Show Thanksgiving Weekend

Archive
11-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>It looks as though they are listed in the Dealers list, but I am not sure if that is a generic listing...<br><br>Can anyone confirm is SGC and PSa will be set up at this show this weekend?<br>Thanks!<br>Jason

Archive
11-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Posted By: <b>mike wrenn</b><p>I recieved the postcard from them and the newsday ad<br>has both companies in both ads. I would think they both would be there. Sgc is always at the Hofstra show, so I would think they would be at the White Plains show. If you email the promoter, his email is on the website, he will email you back. I emailed him many times and recieved a response. Hope this helps

Archive
11-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Posted By: <b>richie</b><p>All the times I go there PSA is never there. It always says in ad they will be. Well once they were there. But SGC is always there. Spence is also there.

Archive
11-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Unfortunately, we will not be set up at the show this weekend. Because of the holiday, we are skipping this one but will return to the normal White Plains schedule for the following show.<br><br>I will be stopping by the show for a brief period of time on Saturday, so if anyone will be there and would like to meet up, please give me a call at the office on Wednesday or e-mail me and perhaps we can work something out.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Brian Dwyer<br>SGC<br>1-800-742-9212 x114

Archive
12-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>don't know if anyone else was there, but I was able to get there and shepherd my boys around the packed aisles, looking for Pokemon cards (they alternate between these, sports cards and Starting Lineup figures).<br><br>Saw a few neat vintage things, including some PCs I had never before seen, but my only pickup was a PSA 7 Eddie Mathews Exhibit card. I searched through everyone's inventory looking for my cousins' cards, but was again unsuccessful. I have to say, it got me thinking about starting a 1940 Playball set!<br><br>Thanks to Brian of SGC for the offer to collect a submission, but my schedule with the kids prevented planning!<br>

Archive
12-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>I went to the Weschester County Center show on Saturday, November 29, 2008. There were approximately 6 tables with a meaningful number of pre-war baseball cards. Of these dealers, four really stand out as must visits. I offer a quick review of each below along with their contact information. If you are looking to acquire prewar cards from additional sources, you might want to check out these (what are for me) local dealers. No, I have not been paid in cards or cash to advertise for these guys. I just want to encourage the sharing of information about where to find prewar baseball cards.<br> <br> <br>Four Star Cards<br>Roger Burns<br>fourstarcard@aol.com <br> <br>Set up at every Westchester County Show that I can recall, Roger Burns has probably the most breathtaking collection of prewar cards assembled at the show. His table is usually frequented by buyers and sellers of the rarest cards coming to the show. He certainly has the widest variety of caramel cards, most graded by SGC or PSA, and his tobacco collection is quite strong. He is usually found in the front of the show near the entrance and this weekend was no different. I always stop by and ask Roger how his show is going and what the hottest cards are. Simply put, reviewing his offerings is worth the price of admission.<br> <br> <br>E&amp;R Galleries<br>Ron Vitro - President<br>ERgallery@aol.com<br> <br>I have been buying, selling and trading prewar cards with Ron since I was a teenager in the late 1980's. He is one of the cornerstones of the Westchester County Show and has been for decades. Probably the most friendly dealer, he always has a wide variety of cards and is happy to share his experiences. I almost always ask to browse through his stack of T206 cards and, when I put together my first set, a large number of them came from that pile. A visit to this show would not be complete without at least a quick conversation about prewar cards. <br> <br> <br>Goodman's Sports Cards<br>John Goodman<br>631-329-3219 <br><br>When it comes to T206 collecting, John Goodman's table always has the largest number at the Westchester County Shows. It seems that he buys and sells complete and partial T206 sets with some regularity and, if you ask real nice, he will tell you his unbelievable story about the T206 Doyle error that slipped through his hands. Whether you are looking for Southern Leaguers, Hall of Famers or commons, John always has something you've been looking for. When I put my finishing touches on my T206 set, I was able to get many Southern Leaguers from him. If you're looking to acquire or sell T206 cards, John is as reliable as they come.<br> <br> <br>International Sports Marketing Consultant<br>John J. McMahon<br>jacmcmahon@aol.com<br> <br>When I began reacquiring T206 cards last summer, I was inspired in large measure by four cards that I was fortunate to purchase from him. While each was a common card, they were each sharp cornered with brilliant white borders. They reminded me of the reason I began collecting T206 cards in the first place -- their beauty. John works the table with his son and both clearly have a love and appreciation for their collection. Their friendly service, like the cards they sell, is top notch.<br><br><br>_ <u></u> _ <u></u> _ <u></u> _ <u></u> _ <u></u> _ <u></u> _ _ <br><br>Visit <a href="http://www.t206collector.com" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.t206collector.com</a> for Net54 T206 archive, signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!