PDA

View Full Version : Please Help re PC797 - 1948 Gunther Beer Postcards

Archive
11-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Val Kehl</b><p>A long-time collector in my area (who is not into using computers) is missing only 2 of the 12 listed 1948 Gunther Beer Washington Senators Postcards (PC797) in his collection. They are:<br><br>Scarborough/McCreight.<br><br>McBride/Candini (this one is not listed in the Std. Cat., but is listed in the Sports Collectors Bible).<br> <br>This collector would very much like to obtain photos of these 2 cards. I would appreciate any assistance, including leads as to whom I might contact, that Forum members can provide. <br><br>Many thanks in advance!<br>Val

Archive
11-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Posted By: <b>larry</b><p>i assume he doesnt want to sell them<br>if he does i will pay a hefty price

Archive
11-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Val Kehl</b><p>Larry-<br>The chance of this collector selling his PCs is virtually none. FYI, I want his Coan/Vernon PC, as I am a Mickey Vernon collector. This collector has been collecting Gunthers fo a long time, and he half-doubts that the 2 he is missing actually exist, in which event he would have a complete set, which he would never trade or sell. I sense that the only chance I have to get him to trade the Vernon PC to me is to convince him that these 2 do exist. His current main collecting interests are Briggs meats, Esskay meats, and bread labels (and I have a Briggs - M. Mantle that he wants from me). If I can get him to part with the Vernon, then I suspect he would be receptive to trading some of his other PCs for his current want items. As they say, &quot;now you know the rest of the story&quot;!<br><br>Val

Archive
11-09-2008, 03:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Phil Garry</b><p>I have never seen one example from this set. I have been looking for the Early Wynn for over five years with no luck.

Archive
11-09-2008, 05:07 AM
Posted By: <b>larry</b><p>hi<br>i have many briggs esskay and bread label doubles to trade<br>so if theres a possibility let me know

Archive
11-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Posted By: <b>Val Kehl</b><p>Phil,<br>I have never seen one either, but I hope to at least see the Vernon PC soon. I'll keep you in mind should I learn that this collector is willing to part with his Wynn PC.<br>Val

Archive
11-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Posted By: <b>Val Kehl</b><p>Larry,<br>I'll keep you in mind should I learn that this collector is willing to trade any of his Gunther PCs (other than the Vernon, which I covet).<br><br>You mention that you have bread labels to trade. FYI, for my own type collection, I am looking for a National Tea-Vernon and a Northland-Busby, Courtney, or Jensen. Do you have any of these available?<br>Val

Archive
11-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I've been looking for the Wynn for much longer than Phil. Can I cut in line in front of him?

Archive
11-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Val Kehl</b><p>Paul - I'll also let you know if this collector should decide to part with his Wynn PC.<br><br>By the way, I have now learned that this collector's Wynn-Yost PC is not a &quot;whole&quot; PC. That is to say, the PC is cut into two halves! What a shame that someone did this long ago!! I assume this will lessen your and the other collector's interest in this PC.<br><br>FYI, the Gunther collector has just obtained confirmation of the two PCs he is missing from a Michigan collector who has the complete set.

sflayank
03-30-2010, 09:09 PM
any thought on your friend selling his gunther beers