PDA

View Full Version : nice ebay bidding pattern

Archive
11-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I am sure there is no funny business here....<br><br><br><a href="http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&amp;item=300271118332" target="_new">http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&amp;item=300271118332</a><br><br>

Archive
11-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>This person should be turned in so he/she learns a lesson.....

Archive
11-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Shawn</b><p>Wow!!! Lets not make obvious or anything.... Gees, I guess I will stay away from that seller!

Archive
11-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Nothing like a zero feedback bidder placing 20 bids on the same item.

Archive
11-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Posted By: <b>shane Leonard</b><p>Leon,<br>I think the seller should be turned in because of the horrible scans. HA.<br><br>Have a good one.<br>Shane

Archive
11-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Posted By: <b>peter ullman</b><p>I think the seller should be reported because the card look overgraded!

Archive
11-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>I'd refuse to take the card if I were the high bidder. That last bid retraction was total BS.

Archive
11-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Posted By: <b>David Goff</b><p>72 total bids on all 3 items the seller is selling...No shill bidding here..

Archive
11-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Posted By: <b>George</b><p>now that's bad. I have seen some stuff on ebay over the year's but give me a break.

Archive
11-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Posted By: <b>ErlandStevens</b><p>What would happen if ebay put a limit on the number of bids you could place on a given lot? Personally, I would say that if you place more than 2 bids on a lot (and I've certainly done it), then you are messing around more than placing legitimate, informed bids. Realistically, if one has multiple accounts, bid limits are easily rendered meaningless. Still, bid limits might minimize the fraud of lazy shillers. It would not hurt snipers.

Archive
11-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark L</b><p>Does anyone recognize the buyer? Has anyone sent him/ her a message regarding this?

Archive
11-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Posted By: <b>jay wolt</b><p>That's why a sniping service is warranted.<br>The high bidder could have put his bid in w/o<br>worrying about getting run up to his limit.<br>If a shill tried to run up the auction to &quot;protect&quot;<br>the seller, then there's a good chance, he could <br>get stuck w/ it and the seller has to pay the fees <br>for the completed auction. And he's be stuck w/ the card<br>and w/ no $$$<br>

Archive
11-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>Jay, <br><br>You're right, to a point. Last week a seller tried to shill an auction that I sniped on, but overshot my snipe and wound up winning his own card by $1.00. <br><br>His shills had doubled the winning price (not big dollars - from $20 to $40 range.)<br><br>The very next day, I received a legit &quot;second chance offer&quot; to buy the exact card at my $40 snipe price. Without his shills, I would have won the auction at around $22.50. <br><br>I reported it to ebay and disregarded his offer.

Archive
11-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert {Bigb13}</b><p>Do you guys think that ebay really cares? As long as they get their fees they don't give a crap. Rob

Archive
11-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Posted By: <b>rand</b><p>see, here is my argument again... the chicken or the egg.. ebay handcuffs the sellers and we pay for the operation .. the bidders have no responsibility, meaning the sellers pay for all the trx for listing their own items. ebay will not cut it's nose despite it's face.. so they will collect the fees and keep with their excellent business plan. now, what would happen if there was a buyers premium....then the shillers/sellers would be paying up some money, especially on big ticket items