PDA

View Full Version : One year ago....

Archive
10-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Jantz</b><p>..I joined this board after receiving an invitation from Leon at the 2007 National. My pre-war goal at that time was to put together a T206 Cleveland team set. Since then my goal has expanded and I've decided to slay "The Monster". Well to make a long story short, its one year later and I now have close to 100 T206 cards. Not to mention that I know every person that works at my local post office along with all of their kids birthdays.<br /><br />Seriously though, I just wanted to thank all of the board members here who have helped me so far. I can't begin to tell you how much I have learned from your posts.<br /><br />By the way, half of those cards came from the Net54 VBCF BST & not a single bad transaction yet. That says something about our members. <br /><br />Thanks again,<br />Jantz

Archive
10-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>Great news,Jantz!!!<br />Congratulations on a conscientious, singleminded effort!<br />Remember: The Monster wants you to quit; Don't listen to it!<br /><br />And I know you won't.<br /><br />all the best,<br /><br />Barry

Archive
10-30-2008, 07:40 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I am glad you found the board and are doing well. As I have said a million times about 99% of the guys/girls are as good as gold, which is a lot higher percentage than in regular society, imo. The BST is a great place to transact business but do still be a bit careful.....mainly on names you have not seen before. You are the 2nd person in the last few days to start a thread about the goodness of Net54 VCBC. It's things like these that really makes a moderator's day. I love the hobby, love talking old baseball and really enjoy the many friendships made. Sure, there are always a couple of quacks in society, and in our hobby and on the board, but overall it's a pretty good place to hang out. Best regards and as always, let me know if I can ever help with anything....good luck in the hunt!!