PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on a problem with eBay.

Archive
10-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Dustin</b><p> I recently listed an ungraded, but guaranteed authentic and unaltered '51 Bowman Mantle rc on eBay (some of you may have seen it posted here). The card had a small pen mark on the front. I purchased this card from a person that did not like graded cards and it was in a PSA 3 (MK) holder, but he removed. A buyer with a perfect feedback score told me he wanted it but could not pay what I was asking. He used the Buy It Now but stated he wanted to offer cash and trade. I told him I had no problem with doing this, but I would wanted to file a mutual agreement with eBay to not complete the transaction because of fees and eBay does not allow cash/trade deals (we all know it happens). The seller accepted the mutual agreement not to complete the transaction and I was cleared from any and all obligations. The buyer got the Mantle and stated he needed to send it to his uncle so he could look it over. This seemed odd to me, but whatever, it is now his card. He then tells me that his uncle sent it to PSA and I told him I wanted to know what it graded. He contacts me a few weeks after he received it "shipped it to his uncle" and tells me the card could not be graded and that the card was altered. I was completely shocked and I know PSA sometimes make mistakes. He asked how we could resolve this and I told him when his uncle got it back from PSA to send me scans of the card in the card saver as PSA returned the card to his uncle. Well, he finally gets me scans of the card and it is out of the card saver in which PSA returned it. This threw me off as I had clearly asked him not to remove. He also sent me a picture of the slip that was sent with the card and it was not his unlce's name or address, it was his. I told him to ship the card back to me as I wanted to examine it and make sure nothing was altered on his end and if I saw no changes that I would send it to SGC and have them look at it. If I notice no changes and they say it is altered, I would refund him in total with what he has invested in the card. I told him to contact PSA and tell them the card is NOT altered and that they will possible take a look at the card again for free. He gave me a number to PSA and told me to contact them. I told him that I could not do that as I did not submit the card. I told him that PSA was recently questioned by the FBI and I did not like PSA personally. He then told me that he was going to contact PSA with what I said about them - at which time I sent him links to the stories. He then files a dispute with eBay and I did not know how eBay would let him if he accepted the mutual agreement not to complete the transaction. I contacted eBay and they stated that they had nothing to do with it and asked me to email their dispute center and they would likely close it. I want to make this deal right on my end, but I know the card was shipped out by me as unaltered. The few things that worry me is that he is not willing to return the card to me (he wants the refund first). I know of no retailer or person that would issue a refund without have their merchandise back in hand. Also, the talk of his uncle seemed like a lie and he would not address it when I asked about it. If any of you have any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, thanks for taking the time to read this. <br><br>Thank you for your time.<br />Dustin Thompson<br />jdtcards<br />dustinthompson@comcast.net

Archive
10-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Posted By: <b>D. Bergin</b><p>If he does not return the card he does not get a refund. End of story.<br /><br />If he returns the card and you are satisfied it is the same card in the same condition you sent to him but it comes back altered, refund what you received for the card.<br /><br />