PDA

View Full Version : How's That Old Judge Book Coming Along?

Archive
10-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Will it be ready by Christmas? My wife is looking for ideas....<br /><br />And speaking of books is Mark Rucker still working on that Baseball Photography book?

Archive
10-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe_G.</b><p>We will be publishing soon as we are running out of ways to improve <b><i>"The Photographic Baseball Cards of Goodwin & Company"</i></b>. Intent is to have it available before Christmas. Exact dates to be hammered out by Richard Masson and R.R. Donnelley.<br /><br />I too would like to hear an update on the Early Baseball Photography book by Mark Rucker.<br /><br />Best Regards,<br />Joe Gonsowski

Archive
10-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Thanks Joe! Did you guys get the info you needed on that Maroon player?

Archive
10-24-2008, 03:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Dan, nobody was able to check the March and April 1888 Chicago Tribune for us so we didn't receive the information we were hoping for. Fischer's bio is fine but we were not able to quote a written account of his time with the Chicago Maroons as desired.<br /><br />Best Regards,<br />Joe Gonsowski

Archive
10-24-2008, 05:49 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Dan- Mark has given up on his book for now, and I'm not sure if he plans to return to it. Unfortunately, it would cost too much to publish, and the market for it is uncertain, especially in these times.

Archive
10-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>upfront costs = $0.00<br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Archive
10-24-2008, 07:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Can Lulu.com produce a quality coffee table type of book?

Archive
10-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Posted By: <b>Preece1</b><p>I was one of the "proof" readers for the book and it is the best card book I have read and truly enjoyable. Amazing breadth of information and history.

Archive
10-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark Holt</b><p>I'm looking forward to buying it Joe.