PDA

View Full Version : Price realized on J=K Candy...surprising or no?

Archive
10-18-2008, 03:46 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>I went back and forth a few times with the eventual winner of this one last night. I believe my last bid was at $1500 (without the BP of 19.5%). I couldn't pull the trigger on $1600. The question is, was this price just plain silly because of myself wanting the type card and somebody else either wanting the type card and/or attempting a set of sorts? The Kling was defined as previously unknown...I guess that could have added to it as well. I do feel like it was just me and someone fighting it out, at least the last few times. <br /><br />So..economy aside, is this an undervalued set? Was this just bidder impulse? Is the VG condition that Old Cardboard lists the commons at needing to be adjusted?<br /><br /><br /><a href="http://sports.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=710&Lot_No=19055" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://sports.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=710&Lot_No=19055</a>

Archive
10-18-2008, 06:20 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Supply vs Demand. When was the last time you saw one for sale too? I think if a small group came up of 5-10 they might not fetch quite that much...unless someone was trying to do the set....regards

Archive
10-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Preece1</b><p>I used to collect these and had 11 at one time. The $1600 seemed about right for a Type 2 J=K. The type 2 are more attractive and bigger than the type one. I call type 1 the ones that were on the side of the box and type 2 as the ones that were at the box top (i.e. tat is why they are all creased through the face)

Archive
10-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p><br />Leon-<br /><br />The best thing that could happen for type collectors would be to have a small batch of 5-10 of these pop up out of nowhere. <br /><br />The worst thing that could happen to "investors" or the collector that just paid $1800 for an example a week ago would be to have a small batch of 5-1- of these pop up out of nowhere. <br /><br /><br /><br />Patrick,<br /><br />Thanks for the input on where you think a current type 2 should be...my next bid would have pushed me I think to around $1925 or so after BP which I just couldn't pull the trigger on...<br /><br />