PDA

View Full Version : Tony Bussineau

Archive
10-08-2008, 04:27 AM
Posted By: <b>CoreyRS.hanus</b><p>I thought it appropriate to show the proper respect for Tony's memory, as well as for Charlie's, to have a separate thread for Tony.<br /><br />As has been noted, he and his son Greg have been regulars at card shows for over 20 years. Without exception when I was at a show Tony's table would be one of the first I would visit, both to enjoy the banter and also to view what he had. His forte was vintage memorabilia with many items dating to the 19th century, the era I concentrate in. I can still picture him saying to me as I would walk up to his table, "I've been waiting for you."<br /><br />When I was in at the National this year I had heard he was very ill and his prognosis was bad. So I wasn't surprised to hear of his passing. My condolences to Greg and his family and friends.<br /><br />

Archive
10-08-2008, 05:01 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Although I didn't know Tony well I had met him on a few occasions, and did some business with him over the years. He was friendly and easy going, and I wish I knew him a little better.<br /><br />I do know Greg and we have spoken on the phone and done business fairly regularly. My condolences to Greg and his entire family.

Archive
10-08-2008, 06:13 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>thread but knew Tony better. Again.....an interesting character. Always loved to look at the stuff in his cases. A mix of advertising, buttons, occasionally the card or two, guides, etc. Great stuff. Remember fondly selling him some mini bats, a Yankee Stadium police badge and many other items over the years. Condolences to Greg and Tony's family during this difficult time.............<br />