PDA

View Full Version : READING SHOW

Archive
09-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>Looking for some help here. If I need to fly to this show, which airport would I fly into? Any help would be appreciated. <br /><br />Toby

Archive
09-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Jodi Birkholm</b><p>Reading, Allentown and Harrisbug all have smaller airports. I would suggest Allentown first (about a 45 minute drive from Reading). If finding a direct flight to Allentown fails (or looks too expensive), fly into Philly. That is about an hour and a half from Reading.

Archive
09-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Rob D.</b><p>I'm pretty sure Ted has posted about this show in the past. He might be able to help.

Archive
09-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>Thank you both for the help. I appreciate the response. If I make the show, I will buy you both a cocktail or two at Legends Sat. evening.

Archive
09-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Jodi Birkholm</b><p>No problem. Where are you flying in from? I can perhaps be of better assistance in figuring out which airport is the most logical choice based on point of origin. I have done a ton of flying from Allentown and Philly.

Archive
09-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>Toby,<br /><br />Fly Southwest from TF Green Providence to the Philadelphia International Airport, much cheaper than Logan. There is even a parking lot you can leave your car and then once you get to Philly you can take a shuttle van (Tropiano (800)559-2040)to the show or hotel you are staying - this will cost less than a Taxi. Harrisburg is just too expensive from Boston or Providence.<br /><br />Jimmy<br />

Archive
09-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Jodi Birkholm</b><p>Jimmy,<br /><br />The show is not in Philly, though, so I think renting a car would be the most cost-efficient alternative in that department.

Archive
09-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>I was thinking Reading was only 45 min from Philly, yes renting a car would cost less. I have used the van service before, and it really is not that expensive and you do not have to worry about driving or directions.<br /><br />Jimmy

Archive
09-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>Not sure I am going to make it but I thank all of you for the help. It is appreciated!!<br /><br />Jim,<br /><br />is Barry Burdonic going to be at the show?

Archive
09-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Danny Grimes</b><p>Ted,<br /><br />im gonna try and make it down there, most likely Sunday. Will you have any t206 chases with scarcer backs?<br /><br /><br />Danny