PDA

View Full Version : What are the Tough HOFER'S in N300 Mayo?

Archive
08-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Greetings everyone. Anyone out there collect the 1895 N300 Mayo Cut Plug Set? I was wondering what HOF'ers are considered tough from this issue?<br />Thank You

Archive
08-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>If memory serves the Brouther Louisville version is darn tough. The Delahanty is tough as well. Both Ewings are difficult but I think the Ewing Cleveland is tougher. Anson, Hamilton, and Nicols also come to mind as being a little difficult.<br /><br />Joshua

Archive
08-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>1- Delahanty<br />2- Anson<br />3- Brouthers, Louisville<br /><br /><br />Amos Rusie's card that is spelled incorrectly with an extra 's' is a more difficult than the others.<br /><br />I think the guides will show Anson priced more than Delahanty. I think you should get Delahanty first if you saw both for the same price, and if you had the bucks.

Archive
08-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Hi fellas. Thanks very much for the info. I have always wanted the W. Robinson and have rarely found the card. Few I did see were beaters. I love that classic pose in fancy dress.<br />

Archive
08-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>I was wondering if anyone can check the PSA POP reports for me on the 1895 N300 Wilbert Robinson? I dont have an account. I checked SGC and there are 16 total graded. Far fewer then many of the other HOFe'RS in the set.<br />Thanks

Archive
08-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Misunderestimated</b><p>I believe that Robinson is the most difficult HOF subject. The variations may be equally difficult -- I forget which (Brouthers Lousiville; the correct spelling of Rusie ?)

Archive
08-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Babcock</b><p>Nichols. Delahanty. Robinson. I would call these the three toughest in my experience.

Archive
08-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Posted By: <b>tim zwick</b><p>Richard.....There are 4 Robinson's graded by PSA.....The only hall of famers with less are:<br /><br />Ewing (Clev)......2<br />Ward (retired)....3<br />Brouthers (both)..3<br />Russie............2

Archive
08-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Hi, thank you very much for those PSA POP #'ers on Wilbert. I appreciate it. Seems like a tough card from the n300 mayo set. Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend.