PDA

View Full Version : Collector's/Dealers Thoughts on Sports Buy(NAXCOM)

Archive
08-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>I am sure many of you have thought about spending less time and money on eBay, even though I will continue to use eBay I have taken some time to look at Sports Buy (NAXCOM) and sportscardlink.com as another resource. I am not sure I want to open another account and would it be worth the effort. This past year I have also started to think about sending more items to auction houses, but have to wait a long time for the transaction to complete. The B/S/T works well on this site, but after a few weeks you get an idea if anyone is interested and then have to move on. I just wanted to know what others think about the two sites I mentioned or other resources<br /><br />Thanks Jimmy<br />

Archive
08-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Posted By: <b>PC</b><p>I have purchased all of one card on Naxcom, a couple of years ago. I assume Naxcom still has no listing fees, which makes searching for anything almost unbearable -- sifting through the endless number of ridiculously overpriced items was painful. I have not been back.<br /><br />If eBay goes with no listing fees the experience will be no different than on Naxcom ... awful.

Archive
08-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>3-4 years ago they ran out of free pizza at the National.....I will never forget them for that!! <br /><br />On a serious note....I don't think Naxcom has ever taken off very well and it just doesn't seem like the place to go for pre war cards.....I just did a general search on T206 and got 1 finding....a Matty dark cap in a 1 holder for $309.00.......<br /><br />Sportscardslink, one of our advertisers, seems to run a good business and offers specials and good policies....<br />......<br /><br />If Ebay goes the route of 10%-15% final value fees I think auction houses will be getting more business as well as other venues.......<br /><br />edited to add that after more searching I did find other real T206's....but not at close to market prices....

Archive
08-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>I keep getting emails from them to get an account started, and I just keep holding off. My thought is the same as yours Leon, I will be doing more business with auction houses in the coming years(including B&L). The B/S/T will always be a great resource, I just need to keep trying. Thanks for your input.<br /><br />Jimmy<br /><br />I have an account with Sportscardlink.com and will give it a try for 50s and 60s cards<br />