PDA

View Full Version : Cards that are printed in Canada

Archive
08-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Andrew</b><p>Love the site,first post I live in northern va and wanted know if book value is the same for cards that say printed in canada as the ones in USA. Thanks,Andrew

Archive
08-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Jantz</b><p>I don't really have an answer for your question. Maybe someone else will chime in. I just wanted to welcome you to the board.<br /><br />Jantz

Archive
08-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Posted By: <b>andrew</b><p>Thanks,I have been reading up for the past year on this site and the info is unreal.I'm just getting back into this with my son who is now old enough to enjoy them.

Archive
08-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>welcome to the site........secondly, give us some more detail on the scans or what issue you're talking about. There are a few that were issued both in Canada and the US, so with more info, people can help you figure out which are more valuable........<br /><br />

Archive
08-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Posted By: <b>andrew</b><p>The card is a Ruth 33 Goudey looks the same in every way but says canadian issue on the back.I did a search and found they did print them just not sure if you go by the same book value.I don't have the card it's at my granfathers but will try to get a pic posted. Its not in the best condition I would say a 2 or 3 at the best. I really don't care to much on how much it is worth more on canadian vs us. Thanks for your time.

Archive
08-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Rick McQuillan</b><p>Hi Andrew, welcome to the board. I'm not sure which issues you are referring to. 1933 Goudey's compared to World Wide Gum? The WWG's always seem to sell for quite a lot less than comparable Goudey's.<br /><br />Rick

Archive
08-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Posted By: <b>andrew</b><p>Yes. it is the wwg

Archive
08-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhett Yeakley</b><p>The World Wide Gum issues are tougher to find than the Goudey cards, but when graded higher they tend to sell for less money as there isn't as much competition from the registry folk.<br />-Rhett

Archive
08-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Posted By: <b>andrew</b><p>Thanks to all, If I sent it in to get graded what would they put it under on the pop report?

Archive
08-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>SGC would have it under "World Wide Gum Co"

Archive
08-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Posted By: <b>andrew</b><p>Well I think that takes care of all my question thanks again.Have a Great Week.<br /><br /> Andrew