PDA

View Full Version : Another M101-5/4 question.

Archive
08-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Jason Carota</b><p>First off, I finally picked up a copy of Old Cardboard featuring Tim and Todd's article on the M101-5/4 sets. What an amazing read! I highly recommend it.<br /><br />Now, to the question.<br /><br />I recently picked up card #199 (Zimmerman,) with a Famous & Barr back. According to the checklists I have, Zimmerman's card number is the same in both sets and the F&B back is available in both sets (although more prevalent in the -5 set.) Since the back is more widely available in -5, should I consider it part of -5 only, or both?

Archive
08-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim Newcomb</b><p>Thanks for the kind words about the article!<br /><br />As for your card, if it's a Famous/Barr, I think you would have to consider it an M101-5. Very few F&B M101-4s have been seen, and none in that number range.<br /><br />Best,<br />Tim

Archive
08-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>Thanks for the kind words about the article!<br /><br />As for your card, if it's a Famous/Barr, I think you would have to consider it an M101-5. Very few F&B M101-4s have been seen, and none in that number range.<br /><br />Better than Best,<br />Todd