PDA

View Full Version : T3 Backs

Archive
08-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Arthur Lobbe</b><p>I'm sure this has been dealt with before, but since I never collected Turkey Reds please forgive me. What is the difference in values for the different backs? Did all cards come with checklists or only some? My specific question really relates to a Cobb with a checklist offer back. Were there other variations and do the values differ?<br />Thank you

Archive
08-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Craig W</b><p>Arthur,<br /><br />I don't know much about T3's, but here's a site with some good info:<br /><br /><a href="http://www.t3turkeyred.com/index.html" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.t3turkeyred.com/index.html</a>

Archive
08-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>There is a checklist back and a Turkey Red ad back. The checklist back has several variations, including different checklists, and an expiration date at the bottom that appears on some cards but not others.<br /><br />Collectors consider the ad backs to be tougher, and certainly more attractive. There are, however, certain cards that are seen more frequently with the ad back. I think Walter Johnson may be one of those, and there are others.

Archive
08-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff Prizner</b><p>for the most part, really only the checklist back without the expiration date should carry a premium due to scarcity. Cobb can be found with this back as I used to own one. He cannot be found with the Turkey Red back as that was limited to 2nd series cards (at least one has never been found).

Archive
08-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Arthur Lobbe</b><p>Thank you all for your input. This board is amazing.

Archive
08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Sherman</b><p>Very tough to find "no offer" backs, I think the second series is only found with the ad back, scarer variations of cards before #71 with the ad back may command a premium. LAtely it really hasnt mattered in the ending price. They are both very strong!

Archive
08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Craig D</b><p>Arthur,<br /><br />Craig W's reference to my Turkey Red website is much appreciated. I just went to the site, read through the page dedicated to T3 back variations and found it to be quite comprehensive. It was written a while ago, so I wanted to be sure it was accurate and up to date.<br /><br />If I can be of assistance with anything more specific relating to T3s, please don't hesitate to ask.<br /><br />Happy Collecting,<br />Craig<br /><br />www.t3turkeyred.com<br /><br />