PDA

View Full Version : Today's chuckle

Archive
08-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Posted By: <b>DMcD</b><p><a href="http://tinyurl.com/5sp3va" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://tinyurl.com/5sp3va</a><br /><br />Yeah, right.

Archive
08-08-2008, 02:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>He is in Brooklyn that is Barry's part of town. I am sure he would gladly go to this guys place to verify its existence. Maybe he could get him to consign it in his next auction. Darn I forgot he is at his summer home...oh well.

Archive
08-08-2008, 02:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>THE LACK OF PUNCTUATION STUCK CAPS LOCK RAMBLING STORY HARD TO READ NO WAY IT COULD BE OK BUT THINGS COULD HAPPEN IN A WAY POSSIBLE TO BE MAYBE TRUE BUT NOT PROBABLY OK 45 MIN TO TYPE THIS<br /><br />edited to add that maybe my post is a little silly. However, I'm just pointing out the big red flag of poorly written descriptions. Very few of these sellers have decent communication skills.

Archive
08-08-2008, 04:29 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Some parts of Brooklyn are pretty scary, think I'll stay away. Nothing like having a guy with 0 feedback getting his feet wet on ebay with a quarter million dollar card.

Archive
08-08-2008, 06:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Dorskind</b><p>The E Bay Clown had a remarkable father, indeed.<br /><br /><br />The serial number on the offered card is the same as the serial<br />number of the Ruth example that just sold in Rob Lifson's<br />May 2008 Auction.<br /><br />Perhaps his deceased father has some outer world way<br />of connecting to Rob...but we doubt it<br /><br />Perhaps, Rob can verify that the card was not sold to the E Bay<br />Crook's Deceased dad. and we can let this scam, Pa<br />and the Ruth Rookie card rest in peace<br /><br /><br />Bruce Dorskind<br />America's Toughest Want List<br /><br />

Archive
08-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>It's gone now!

Archive
08-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>I read that if Brooklyn was a city, instead of a burrough of New York City, it was be the fourth largest city in the United States.<br /><br />I've never been to Brooklyn, but read "Last Exit to Brooklyn" in college. Which I'm sure is like saying "I've never been to rural Georgia but saw The Deliverance."<br />

Archive
08-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>David- I've heard that statistic too. I believe it is correct.