PDA

View Full Version : OT - Skip Caray

Archive
08-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim</b><p>Baseball lost a great broadcaster yesterday IMO. I know many thought him to be too much of a "homer" at times, but he didn't cut the Braves any slack either. He will be missed.

Archive
08-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Alan U</b><p>Skip Caray had a great sarcastic wit about him. Back in the late 70's, early 80's when the Braves were really bad, WTBS was about the only baseball I could get on TV on a regular basis and I always enjoyed his broadcasts. More recently I enjoyed listening to him on XM radio.<br /><br />-Alan<br /><br />edit for spelling

Archive
08-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim Newcomb</b><p>It's weird-- today at the mall I thought of Skip Caray very distinctly, for no obvious reason -- I had no idea that he had died. <br /><br />That's another little piece of childhood gone for a lot of us late baby-boomers. I listened to Skip it seemed like my whole life until TBS stopped doing Braves games a year ago. <br /><br />I think he was an amazing broadcaster, whip-smart, often hilarious, and not afraid to turn that edge of his toward the home team and players. Yet he never lost the sense that he was a good guy too. <br /><br />I'm bummed--<br /><br />