PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

Archive
07-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Posted By: <b>brock</b><p>Hello<br />I need your guys help again with a legal issuse. I seen a item on craigslist last friday. So i contacted the guy and i told him that ill buy it from him and he said fine. So i sent a money order to him with over night express. He did not recieve the package because he missed it and then the post office closed. Well sunday morning i learned me sold it to another person(it was a real item no scam). So all day sunday im calling him from 3 different phones. At last he picks up the phone and tells me stop f***ing calling him and he told me he wont sign for the package and after 5 days it will get sent back. Also today he called my sisters cell phone which i used and he said that i sent him emails talking trash and what not. I sent him one telling him what the item was worth and he had also said i left a message on his phone swearing at him and his 9 year old son heard it. Well the only message i left was one for him to call me back and i never sweared at all. Ok back to the problem, Well i just checked the tracking number and it shows that he had signed for it. So now i dont thing im ever going to get my money back. The post office said they cant cancel it. Do any of you guys know anything i can do. Should i call the local cops down their or what. Also this was for a $620 item. Thanks again

Archive
07-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Richie</b><p>If he sends you back your money(hopefully he does) then there really isnt an issue. Craigslist is nothing but horror stories. i learned a $1000 lesson on there for a 1952 bowman mantle psa 6. that was popped out and replaced by a bogus one. Good luck hopefully he returns your money. I thought if you paid by money order you can put some type of stop on it.

Archive
07-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>We've had more than one thread about the scams on Craigslist. That is a really bad place to buy baseball cards.

Archive
07-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>$620 is at least one good semester of English at a Community College.

Archive
07-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Jodi Birkholm</b><p>My favorite category on there is "ride share". In this day and age? It's not like the "Goin' Up the Country" spirit has been en vogue for the last 40 years.

Archive
07-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Jodi Birkholm</b><p>Leon,<br /><br />Owch!

Archive
07-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>salt -&gt; wound

Archive
07-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>$600+ is way too much to let slide...<br /><br />Not having an experience like that yet. But I would contact the local cops and tell them the guy took 2 payment for 1 item and refuses to give your $$ back (show them the proof the package was signed for, and receipt of the MO). Then take the info from the cops and let him know you have gone to the authorities and plan on taking action. Maybe that will scare him a bit.<br /><br />Hopefully you have his home address, you might be able to google it with the phone number info if you dont.<br /><br />How far away does he live?<br /><br />PS I always try to use emails for sales etc because then you have some type of record of exactly what he said (lies etc.). Unless you can record the phone calls or something.<br /><br />Good luck, let us know how it turns out.<br /><br />Frank

Archive
07-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Posted By: <b>brock</b><p>Leon,<br />I know $620 aint alot of money to some people on this board but it was alot to me. I dont care about the money but i want people like this guy locked up.<br /><br />And i live in NY and he lives in FL.

Archive
07-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim Dale</b><p>You give the guy an email, a voice mail, and a registered letter demanding a full refund within 48 hours. The messages should politely and clearly state that if said refund is not arranged and handled within 48 hours of receipt of these messages the police are called. Politely remind him (most states) that $620 is a felony for which he can be sent to prison (not likely but still). And that you have every intention of forcing the prosecutors in his jurisdiction into hanlding the case properly.<br /><br />

Archive
07-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>$620 is a good deal of money to anyone, including me.....

Archive
07-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Brock G.</b><p>Where does he live in FL? If its near Jacksonville I can hunt him down and give him the whats happenin! Anything for a fellow Brock!

Archive
07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Posted By: <b>brock</b><p>He lives in Daytona Beach. I did what dale said for right now, but i cant get to the post office to send a letter. But lets see if he calls back, ill go down to a pay phone later and give that a try(if i can even find a pay phone).

Archive
07-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Richie</b><p>Payphone will still show area code. Im sure he can figure that out. i know *67 then number you have to call blocks your #. But it happened this weekend maybe he is going to return money. I thinks its worth a few days before you relize if he is sending it or he is not sending it back to you

Archive
07-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Posted By: <b>brock</b><p>Well why would he sign for the package, when he said he would let it go.

Archive
07-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>$620 is a hell of a lot of money for a poor slob like me !!!

Archive
07-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Posted By: <b>brock</b><p>Guy wont even answer his phone, so come Thuresday if i dont have my money back im just calling his local police where they will tell me theirs nothing they can do. Then if i can ill bring him to a small claims court. I know i would lose money but i dont want this THING thinking he won. Like i said he said he has a 9 year old son i hope he tells him how much of a fraud he is.

Archive
07-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Posted By: <b>pas</b><p>What happened with this Brock?

Archive
07-31-2008, 01:58 PM
Posted By: <b>brock</b><p>It has been a week hes has not emailed me back or called me back(still no money). So i called his local police they told me to write a statement about what happened and any proof and then mail it to them. So im just waiting for the slip from USPS, that says he cashed my money order. Also the person that bought the item from him is selling it on ebay now. So after that im guessing i should beable to press charges and if not ill file a small claims suit against him.

Archive
07-31-2008, 02:06 PM
Posted By: <b>pas</b><p>Did you ask whether the postal inspectors will get involved? They can't of course get your money back, but they are supposed to investigate incidents of mail fraud.