PDA

View Full Version : BABE RUTH HAT SELLS FOR $328,000

Archive
07-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Neal</b><p>WoW Truly amazing a Ruth hat sells for $328k... This is only one of 3 known. This one had Ruth's initials inside of brim of cap!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.theonlinewire.com/articleView.aspx?ID=3908" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.theonlinewire.com/articleView.aspx?ID=3908</a>

Archive
07-15-2008, 06:36 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>That's a huge amount for a cap....and this thread should really be on the memorabilia side of our board..It's the little icon at top that says "memorabilia" ..thanks

Archive
07-15-2008, 06:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Neal</b><p>Sorry about that Leon! Just added to Memorabilia section!

Archive
07-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Posted By: <b>brock</b><p>Leon,<br />Do you think poeple over pay for the T206 Wagner when they sometimes pay $500,000+ for that piece of cardboard. And i think a Babe Ruth used hat is more rarer than a Honus Wagner T206.

Archive
07-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Neal- no worries.....just a gentle nudge for the correct forum. That memorabilia side has really picked up steam lately. Not as much as this side but it has a good following and I appreciate you helping out. Not the end of the world to post memorabilia over here but not perfect.....so thanks much for your help....<br /><br />Brock- It is supply vs demand. The Ruth cap at 328k is still a lot of money even though it is about 20x-25x more rare than his T206. I assure you I have Ruth cards that are as rare, or more rare, than the cap..but they go for 1% of that price or less.....So, in collecting basically useless things it's always about supply AND demand in determining value. The current Mastro Wagner will go for multiples of the hat sale as there is that much more demand for it........regards<br /><br />and since this thread is now on the memorabilia side I am going to lock this one....."locking" isn't always a bad thing as much as it can also be an operational thing.....