PDA

View Full Version : Recollecting the Nagy 1915 Cracker Jack Set

Archive
07-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Posted By: <b>James Gallo</b><p>As I was going through my Cracker Jack set I realized I had a lot of Nagy cards and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to recollect a Nagy/Carter or other hobby pioneers set of cards one by one. I have about 20 cards which totals around 11% which I didn't think was bad since I really wasn't trying to do it.<br /><br />For some reason tho, I am thinking about not selling the nagy down grades I now have, just in case I want to recollect his set.<br /><br />Anyone else ever felt like this or have a large amount of cards from one masters set...<br /><br />James G<br><br>Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.

Archive
07-15-2008, 03:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Rob D.</b><p>Last year one of the lots in a Mastro auction was five Butter Creams from Lionel Carter's collection. The description did not say whether these were the only five he owned, but I never saw another group of R306s offered by Mastro when selling the Carter collection, nor have I seen any singles show up. So my best guess is these five were the only ones he had in his collection.<br /><br />Granted, they account for only one-sixth of a complete set, but they're all still together. I've upgraded a few but plan to keep them as part of my set.