PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful "T3"

Archive
07-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Kenneth A. Cohen</b><p>I know these scams appear endlessly and they can get pretty banal, but this one and the amount of the bid blow me away nonetheless, unless of course it's stu_p_dazzo doing the bidding.<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320272374302&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320272374302&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011</a><br /><br />

Archive
07-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Posted By: <b>martindl</b><p><br />I've no interests in these T3's but I'm always open to learning. What about these auctions says to you 'scam', other than than the zero feedback?<br /><br />

Archive
07-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Ken, If I may...<br /><br />Red flags that jump right out, the Gloss (scammers shouldn't use the flash), blurred image, very dark top and left border, bright white back.<br /><br />Couple those with a new seller and this auction screams scammer.<br /><br />On a positive note, his Scandinavian auto parts appear legit!

Archive
07-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert Klevens</b><p>The seller wrote: From mid-1910 through mid-1911, packs of Turkey Red brand <br />cigarettes (as well as Old Mill and Fez) contained coupons redeemable <br />for a full-color, cabinet sized (5 3/4" X 8") premium picturing one of 126 <br />different baseball players and athletes (boxers). <br /><br />He didn't actually mention the size of the card he is selling, could it be the small reprint?

Archive
07-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Posted By: <b>jim sexton</b><p>I happen to notice that the winning bidder for this lot was the same guy who won the phony scrapbook album on the memorabilia forum. That is what you call a bad day.

Archive
07-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>jim - perhaps the buyer is someone who looks out for their fellow collectors by buying up bogus listings. But it might a guy who just got scammed twice.

Archive
07-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>Maybe the buyer is a shill who keeps the bogus stuff from going to cheaply... And maybe not.

Archive
07-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Sherman</b><p>I was in contact with the seller, aside from the gloss, I thought they could have been legit. However not at those prices. It's hard to cheat an honest man! Some of the stains are consitent with those I have seen on t3's, upon a second look the backs look very white