PDA

View Full Version : Why do T201's get no love??

Archive
07-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Keith Olbermann</b><p>Great set, simple to collect, and outstanding eye appeal. Maybe a little goofy looking, but they are much rarer than the t206 and half the players in the set are Hall of Famers. I remember seeing the low pop 7-9's going well into the thousands a couple years ago. Anyone else think this set (graded 5's can be had for $100 or less) has some room to grow value wise? If there are only a few hundred graded examples of each card or less why ar'nt they worth more?

Archive
07-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimi</b><p>Hi Keith,<br /><br />Glad to see you posting here. I agree with you and completely feeling like it is undervalued. Perhaps, though, the folding concept of the card doesn't sit well with some collectors. Obviously, they are not real photos of the players, nor do they really even look like the players, but to me seeing mid to high grade examples of this set is a treat!<br><br>Jimi

Archive
07-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Yes Keith the folding card just does not look that good.<br /><br />It is a nice set though.<br /><br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
07-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Arthur Lobbe</b><p>At one time I did collect them and I usually go for the smaller sets in Pre War, but it just didn't have the eye appeal for me. I switched to the 202's which were just more colorful. Must be the South Beach influence.

Archive
07-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>Hi Keith, also glad to see you posting here...<br /><br />i've often wondered the same thing, i do think they are pretty cool, and would be a pretty fun set to put together, certainly less cards then the "monster"...but i echo what others have said above...the folding aspect is not so desirable, the players really do not look like who they should, and perhaps the size is a little awkward?<br /><br />but you are right, they are undervalued for sure...<br /><br />Best-<br />M.Sarno

Archive
07-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Goldner</b><p>To some extent Keith, i agree with you.<br /><br />However, the point that you make about them being a bit goofy looking, may<br />be a drawback to some collectors.<br /><br />The market for T201's from a few years ago, was driven by a small handful of<br />folks, so once they finished their sets, the high prices weren't going to last.<br /><br />With regard to the present, i think that there is some room for growth at mid-grade and up, though how much will depend how many people,(and whom) will be driving the market. <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
07-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert Klevens</b><p>Hi Keith,<br /><br />I love the T201 set. Great looking cards with a unique design. BTW, did you receive my catalog?<br /><br />Take care,<br />Robert Klevens

Archive
07-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Darren</b><p>Too much out there in the time period. Plenty of "real" cards to satisfy an appetite. It's not a bad set but it is far down the list on many's want list. Falls in right behind the T202's. Images are not great, and cards are shared = lower demand.

Archive
07-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Leon</b><p>This is as much Keith Olbermann posting as I am Santa Claus.....I have blocked this person's IP but until Net54 does something about dealing with AOL users he will slither back....the other moderators and myself will delete all posts from this person without further interruption. The best way to get rid of a troll is to ignore them...but since a few folks posted I thought I would explain.....regards