PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Graded Card Bags For Postcard Size Slabs

Archive
06-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Does anybody know where I can buy them? Thank you.

Archive
06-30-2008, 06:16 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I think I bought mine on ebay a long time ago (though I am sure you have checked there).....I presume you are talking about 4x6? regards

Archive
06-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Hi Leon, no I didn't checked eBay. I haven't measured the size of a PSA or SGC slab yet, but I think they are slightly bigger than 4x6. Not sure, so I'll measure one later. Thanks.

Archive
06-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>The PSA & SGC postcard graded slabs are about 4" x 7.25". Looking for graded card bags that fit that size if they exist.

Archive
06-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Jodi Birkholm</b><p>Paul,<br /><br />There's a supply dealer in Connecticut named Fred Riso who should be able to help. He regularly sets up at the New Haven shows. His business name is "The Supplyman". Perhaps one of our board members might have his contact info. If nobody can help, please send me an email in a few days and I will try to dig out his number for you.

Archive
06-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Wesley</b><p>While we are on the topic of bags for oversized slabs, does anyone have any ideas for bags for the larger T3 size PSA and SGC holders?

Archive
06-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p><br /><br />My two cents, I use clear 3-ring notebook sheets. I think you can get two tallboys from one. I bought the ultra clear not the frosted ones. <br /><br />1. Cut a wee bit wider than the slab -about 3/4". Sandwich the cut end up tight between two paint sticks. It should over hang the paint sticks slightly, about an RCH. Press the sticks onto the counter (granite here), then take a wand lighter and quickly "weld" the open side. They bond together easily. <br /><br />2. Cut the open bottom end so one side as long as the slab and the other is about 1 1/2" longer, to flap it over to the back and Scotch tape it. Put a little fold over in the end of the tape so it can be easily peeled off. <br /><br />Haven't done it in a while, but the ones I have that are a couple of years old are holding up fine. Oh, don't burn the kitchen table or you're toast.<br /><br />With the T3 slabs, I think I used a full sheet for the PSA ones sometime ago. The SGC slabs were simply too wide if I recall.

Archive
06-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Gene Palmer</b><p>Here's a place that has 8 3/4 x 11" magazine bags. Towards the bottom of the page...<br /><br /><a href="http://www.nwcardsupplies.com/misc.html" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.nwcardsupplies.com/misc.html</a>

Archive
07-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Jodi Birkholm</b><p>Paul (and anyone else who is in need),<br /><br />I found Fred's number for you. His prices are reasonable and he's a nice guy to deal with. He carries a wide assortment of hobby supplies. Here you go:<br /><br />Fred Riso<br />312 Highland Ave.<br />Wallingford, CT, 06492<br />(203) 265-1813

Archive
07-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Posted By: <b>pas</b><p>Extensive supply selection.

Archive
07-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>Not the best alternative but they are wide enough to cover the SGC PC slabs up to the label area. The PSA PC slab is a bit bigger and doesn't fit into a continental PC sleeve at all. <br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc